Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Dayton, OH?

Dayton, OH?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Anyone in Dayton? I'm going to be moving up there for grad school in not too long. I know it has a fairly extensive trail network, but they're not all connected and don't always make sense.

Contemplating driving down to Yellow Springs for longer rides...
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I was wondering what happened to you!

Any LBSes to recommend?

Hi, Owlie! Welcome to Dayton! I believe most of the trails are now connected...at least from what I see on maps. They all take you in to Xenia Station.

I'm bike shopping, and I've had a very good experience with Village Cyclery in Yellow Springs.

Have you found the interactive trail map online? If not, I'll find it and shoot you the link. Are you here yet and have you ridden any of the paths? What do you think?

I ride on the Little Miami Scenic Trail in the Cincinnati area, which is pretty nice except for the tree roots creeping under the pavement. I imagine Creekside is similar, and I don't know about the GMRRT (did I get it right?) I knew about the Xenia hub; I think they were planning connections between some of the smaller trails actually within the Dayton area, but I don't know if they actually got around to that. Then there's the one that's totally unconnected to anything that runs behind the university...

I haven't moved up there just yet--that happens on Wednesday. Yellow Springs isn't too far from me, actually. And there is Young's Dairy. Perhaps a trip is in order. And since I'm researching a new bike right now...what do they sell?

Oh, yes...Young's Dairy is a must. YS Cyclery is strictly Trek as far as I can tell. I believe that no matter where I end up buying they will get my other business and bike work. I live South of YS about 8 miles not far from the Little Miami Scenic Trail.

I know that Creekside can eventually get you to the GMRRT (yes, correct) through Eastwood MetroPark. Bummer that the WSU trail doesn't connect to anything, lol. You'll have to get in touch with my cousin who is the Asst. Director of Outdoor Recreation. Maybe she can give you some tips. I haven't had the chance to talk with her about the trails yet.

Check out miamivalleytrails.org for an interactive trail map!

I'm going to *hopefully* be in Springfield OH for Calvin's Challenge this year. I'm not familiar with Dayton but the was a lot near Springfield and SE of Springfield that was great for biking.