Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Connecticut

Connecticut

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'd really like to get a group of people from my area together to do rides on Sunday afternoons. I see a serious lack of riding groups in CT, so I was wondering if anyone would be interested?
    Happily at the center of a poly V with my bikes
    -"Cookie Monster" 2001 Motiv Mountain converted for commuting. My little monster.
    -"Bella" Concord Freedom10- My little project. Sweat and blood, pretty girl <3

I was in Guilford a couple of weeks ago, and noticed a huge group of cyclists having coffee on the green. No idea where they started, though. Maybe New Haven? I bet there are weekend shop rides that start there, if you don't find anyone on TE.

Oh, I just found this CT group, that meets on Sundays for a no drop ride:

http://elmcitycycling.org/calendar/littleluluride/

Is that far from you?

http://elmcitycycling.org/calendar/

Looks like they might have some other events you may want to check out as well.
    Last edited by redrhodie; 08-07-2011 at 06:45 AM.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Lots of the LBS have group rides different days of the week, have you checked into any of those ?
    I'm up in the South Windsor area....

Hey Chincitop, I'm in Stratford, would love to get together some Sunday. Only thing is I'm a complete newbie, so new in fact that I'm still don't have my bike. Hopefully will have it this week. Maybe in a few weeks when I get a little confidence I can tag along for a ride sometime if you get a group together.

Hi Reux! We're pretty much neighbors! I'd definitely be down for hanging out to ride. It's totally cool, I'm pretty much into the ride for the companionship of having someone else who doesn't think I'm crazy for wanting to bike miles and miles on my day off. I live in Shelton, and can totally take the train or bus down to stratford and ride with you sometime
    Happily at the center of a poly V with my bikes
    -"Cookie Monster" 2001 Motiv Mountain converted for commuting. My little monster.
    -"Bella" Concord Freedom10- My little project. Sweat and blood, pretty girl <3