Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Talking Front Derailleur adjusted!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I just have to share....after almost 2 hours of cleaning my bike (in this case, my "old" Raleigh hybrid") and tweaking just about everything, I followed the directions exactly in the manual that came with my Terry road bike, and got the front derailleur adjusted properly on the Raleigh. No more rubbing! Smooth shifting! Clean bike! Minimal blood (stuck one thumb into chainring). And, I am happy to report, sanding the brake pads with sandpaper (or a "paper" nail file ) actually DOES stop brake squeal.

Yeah!! What a great feeling to be able to do your own bike work!! So, will you be moving on to bigger and better things? What's next?

Oh, I just noticed your from Montgomery Co., whereabouts? I live in Fairfax. Where do you do most of your riding?

Cheers,
    Kristina

Hi Kristina - I'm in upper northwest Montgomery County and ride a lot just from my front door into the western part of the county country roads. Otherwise, I also try to catch some of the club rides in the area - haven't done too much in N. Va. but have been all over Maryland - west, southern MD, Frederick area up into Gettysburg, etc. And, of course, the Seagull. Where do you ride? I did one club ride out of Leesburg two years ago and wow, was it hilly! Went through Waterford, etc. Carol

Hi Carol,

Sounds like a lot of fun! Most of my riding is at Wakefield since its so close to home. Occasionally, I'll hit Fountainhead or Reston but I have to be in a very brave mood to try Fountainhead That place is a cardio killer!

It sounds like you do road riding. Do you ever mountain bike? I'd love to ride at Schaeffer Farms but poor weather seems to plague me everytime I try to get up there. We almost bought a new house in that area a couple years ago. Its very pretty up there.

Cheers,
    Kristina

Kristina - I'm strictly a roadie but I know a lot of people enjoy riding Schaeffer. Keep the rubber side down!
    Carol