Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wanna be (facebook) friends?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I like to post photos from my rides and such, but whenever I mention cycling on my wall... it's like crickets chirping... not too many bikey friends on my fb.

Anyone interested in sharing theirs, post below. Here's mine if you want to friend me:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jburnscornell
    2008 Giant FCR2 W
    2001 Giant Rincon SE

So, I'm not the only one with FB friends that think you are insane for being out riding/running. FB friend request sent

Clara

Recognizing that we are each free to protect our privacy to lesser and greater degrees, I would nevertheless encourage you to read this list of safety tips from TE's administrator.

P.S. I'd love to see pictures of your rides and read ride reports if you posted them TE.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by CAL View Post
    So, I'm not the only one with FB friends that think you are insane for being out riding/running. FB friend request sent

Clara
    Yes the only comments I get is "But it's so hot out today." Thanks, I noticed.

IndySteel, I don't have much personal info on my facebook, just my city and the company I work for (which is located in 10 different locations), and not even my real name. But thank you.
    2008 Giant FCR2 W
    2001 Giant Rincon SE

Quote Originally Posted by GingerbreadGirl View Post
    Yes the only comments I get is "But it's so hot out today." Thanks, I noticed.

IndySteel, I don't have much personal info on my facebook, just my city and the company I work for (which is located in 10 different locations), and not even my real name. But thank you.
    Thanks for clarifying! Sounds like you already have it covered!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

No prob, I actually got hacked last year through my ebay/paypal account and they accessed my gmail and online bank account. This wasn't do to any carelessness on my part but still opened my eyes. I don't post my full name or addy anywhere or upload my gps records of any runs or bike rides... it's a scary world.

Sometimes I'm even hesitant to mention where i'm going to be running/riding/hiking, but I only go to popular places where I'm sure to see lots of traffic and people. A pain to fight crowds but safer than being isolated...
    2008 Giant FCR2 W
    2001 Giant Rincon SE

fb friend request sent.
    2011 Specialized Secteur Elite Comp
    2006 Trek 7100

You can always post here on TE - we're a captive audience that understands the need to ride, run, swim; or otherwise be active outside. Just sayin' there's already a forum
    Beth

I posted on Facebook once about my 30 mile ride and an hour of swimming laps afterward and all my family had to say was "You need something to do!".

I thought... this IS something to do...

Would they rather I sit on my butt and watch TV? LOL!

FB friendship request sent - all I ever post about on FB is cycling/outdoors related. I give far more details here than I do there - but it is nice to know I've FB friends who won't automatically roll their eyes when I post about doing something outside

Hah! All I get are crickets too! Sometimes someone will say "you are insane" but most of the time, I think nobody 'gets it'. To them my little milestone of going 60 miles is no more impressive than riding the 20 I was doing several months back, because they think they couldn't do more than four so I'm just crazy. But if I were to say "I rode the distance between my house and Northern Chattanooga today" I'll get a response.

Most of the time on FB I stick to the weather, my garden, and what I made for dinner. People seem to like that. *Yawn*
    2009 Fuji Team

My blog - which rarely mentions cycling. It's really about decorating & food. http://www.crisangsteninteriors.com/blog

Quote Originally Posted by grey View Post
    Hah! All I get are crickets too! Sometimes someone will say "you are insane" but most of the time, I think nobody 'gets it'. To them my little milestone of going 60 miles is no more impressive than riding the 20 I was doing several months back, because they think they couldn't do more than four so I'm just crazy. But if I were to say "I rode the distance between my house and Northern Chattanooga today" I'll get a response.

Most of the time on FB I stick to the weather, my garden, and what I made for dinner. People seem to like that. *Yawn*
    Yep - so I don't even mention how far I ride any more, just that I had a good ride and leave it at that. I am more likely to give a deer count that I saw or post a cool picture - they seem to like that more. I don't get more personal than that...

Whenever I post something about riding on FB, people go "13 miles? Are you nuts? Wow!" I think it's funny.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

request sent. I get the same non-response about cycling too--and most of what I post is cycling related.

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2009 Specialized Tricross
    2012 Trek Mamba

We should start a TE Facebook group.
    Girl meets bike. Bike leads girl to a life of grime: http://mudandmanoloscycling.com/