Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Ughhh...well after reading a few of the Turbo test rides, I'm not very optimistic about mine tomorrow. DH mounted the saddle and I will ride it in the morning. Forecast is calling for spotty showers, so we may have a rain-shortened ride...which might not be such a bad thing if this saddle starts causing problems for me. I will post my thoughts after I return from my ride.

Linda
    2012 Seven Axiom SL - Specialized Ruby SL 155

nscrbug - you got a pic of the prologo? might be interested in giving it a go.
    Last edited by roguedog; 08-12-2011 at 07:20 PM.
    Push the pedal down watch the world around fly by us

Quote Originally Posted by roguedog View Post
    nscrbug - you got a pic of the prologo? might be interested in giving it a go.
    I can snap a few after I get back from riding this morning.

@roguedog....I apologize for not getting pics of my Prologo saddle up for you yet. My camera hasn't been used in quite some time, so of course, when I went to turn it on...dead batteries! I'm charging it up overnight and will take some pics and post tomorrow.

My test ride on the Turbomatic....

Well...after riding 86 miles on my new SI Turbomatic Gel Flow this morning, my first impression is right on par with zoom-zoom. I absolutely LOVE the shape of this saddle. I felt total freedom of movement with my legs...no rubbing, no chafing, no interference from the saddle at all. But unfortunately, THAT was where the happiness ended. The saddle felt very firm, even more so than my Ruby...which is pretty minimal in and of itself. It also feels a smidge too narrow...which I expected, given the narrower dimensions. Could also be due to the domed surface...it just feels like there is less real estate for my sit bones to rest on. I guess I was hoping that my butt wouldn't notice the 2mm difference, but sadly, that was not the case. I also felt some pressure "up front" on my soft tissue...something I wasn't expecting given the very generous cut-out. Not really sure why I felt soft tissue pressure...perhaps because of the narrowness I may have been positioning myself on it in such a way that created pressure in that area. At any rate, the saddle is no longer on my bike...BUT did find its way onto DH's bike. He figures he'll give it a try and see if it works for him if it will save me the hassle of sending it back.

So...it's back to my Ruby, once again. I am now thinking about trying the "newer" style of Ruby. I have an older one...with that goofy plastic silver tab on the tip of the nose. I see that the newer ones did away with that. Can anyone comment on any other differences there may be between the older vs. newer Ruby?

Linda

Selle San Marco - Aspide Glamour K Arrowhead Gelaround. what are everyone's thoughts on this saddle?? I liked the SI Turbomatic but I need a wider T-shaped saddle for 130 mm sit bones.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahMN View Post
    Selle San Marco - Aspide Glamour K Arrowhead Gelaround. what are everyone's thoughts on this saddle?? I liked the SI Turbomatic but I need a wider T-shaped saddle for 130 mm sit bones.
    I just ordered a Glamour Arrowhead (not the Gelaround). I will hopefully be able to get a ride or two in before next weekend. I'd REALLY love to have a better option than my Ruby for my ride across the state in a week.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    I just ordered a Glamour Arrowhead (not the Gelaround). I will hopefully be able to get a ride or two in before next weekend. I'd REALLY love to have a better option than my Ruby for my ride across the state in a week.
    Where did you order the Glamour from? And what is the difference between the Arrowhead and Gelaround? Actually, I've never even seen the Gelaround...is it new?

Hey nscrbug, there is a difference between the old ruby and the new ruby. The plastic tabs are gone and there is a little more gel padding. I just didn't enjoy the wide nose in the 155 that caused chafing. I have also tried the glamour aspide K arrowhead and it is really comfy in the seat with that nice hammock effect. I did ride one for a while and it is a nice saddle.
    2009 Specialized Roubaix pro/SMP lite 209
    2010 Trek 4300/Specialized ariel 155

@nscrbug - no worries. Just being vain since I saw pix of a white one w/ aqua coloring and it wouldn't look nice on the red bike :/. I suppose i ought to be practical too and ask for measurements which are the more important data.

@Sarah - "Selle San Marco - Aspide Glamour K Arrowhead Gelaround" Heck.. what is it? ROYALTY? Sheesh.. That rolls off the tongue. I couldn't find pix of this either.

I've always thought we ought to have a forum saddle trade program instead of all of us constantly buying saddles all the time. But I suppose in threads like this it's sorta becoming one organically.
    Push the pedal down watch the world around fly by us

Have you guys tried Selle An Atomica? I've been using them for years on all my bikes. The cons are they're heavy, and can stretch, especially in hot and humid. That said, I've had one of mine since 2007, and I'm guessing it has upwards of 8,000 miles on it. It's comfy, so I don't mind the weight. I think my sitbones are around 145mm c-c.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by nscrbug View Post
    Where did you order the Glamour from? And what is the difference between the Arrowhead and Gelaround? Actually, I've never even seen the Gelaround...is it new?
    I found the Glamour Arrowhead on eBay, actually (for <$100). I really wanted white, since I'll be doing a century in Death Valley in Oct. and my hubby warned me that in just minutes off of the bike a black saddle will become VERY hot. That knowledge factored in my decision to get white road shoes, as well--last month when we were in the 90s my feet in black shoes felt like they were being baked.

I think the Gelaround is discontinued, but not sure...I think maybe it's more cushioned...?
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

I found some photos of the Aspide Glamour (non-arrowhead) that show the shape in profile well...I have high hopes. Doesn't look very domed at all (at least far less so than the Turbomatic):

Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Kirsten, the Glamour Aspide is exceedingly flat. I can't speak for the Arrowhead versions though... I loved its flatness, just not its super firmness. My Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow is nearly as flat, almost the same shape, but just a tad more padded.

I'll try to get a picture of them side-by-side up...

I'm hoping the firmness doesn't bother me...or that I will adapt. I did 100 miles on the Ruby with 0 sit-bone discomfort, and that's quite a bit firmer than the Jett. I didn't really notice much difference in feel. I probably have enough padding of my own to overcome a harder saddle.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3