Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Sounds like the Glamour Aspide might be the perfect saddle then! I've got my fingers crossed for luck for you

I have my toes crossed, too!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Just switched my Jett to the Aspide Glamour and am looking forward to riding on it tomorrow. The Jett has been causing me to get saddle sores on my right thigh/inner buttock area. i'd happily trade less padding for less saddle sores!
    She's going the distance...

[COLOR="Red"]
    '14 Orbea Orca Dama, Specialized Jett
    '10 Giant Avail
    '87 Schwinn Cimarron, Brooks B17
    Trek mountain bike...don't know what year

Well, interestingly enough...my DH put the SI Turbomatic Gel Flow on HIS bike last night and today we did a 102 mile ride. His verdict - he likes it! Imagine that?!? I figured it to be too wide for him, since he was coming off of riding on a Specialized Toupe 143 since last year. Anyways...he commented on how much more "narrow" it felt where his inner thighs meet the saddle (gee...sound familiar? I think we all agreed on how T-shaped this saddle is). I told him since he likes it so much, he just inherited it. Now I don't have to hassle with sending it back. Good for me.

Linda
    2012 Seven Axiom SL - Specialized Ruby SL 155

My hubby sat on it while it was on my bike...he didn't really like the overall shape of it. He tends to like flatter saddles, too. He doesn't like a super firm saddle, either. The Turbomatic is pretty firm. It doesn't look it, but it's definitely firmer than the Ruby.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Quote Originally Posted by buffybike View Post
    Just switched my Jett to the Aspide Glamour and am looking forward to riding on it tomorrow. The Jett has been causing me to get saddle sores on my right thigh/inner buttock area. i'd happily trade less padding for less saddle sores!
    Curious....what size Jett are you riding? Curious to see how it will compare to the Aspide.
    Girl meets bike. Bike leads girl to a life of grime: http://mudandmanoloscycling.com/

Y'know, I noticed how firm the Turbomatic was when I first sat on it, coming from a Jett, for sure. But there really wasn't an adjustment or break-in period at all. My first ride on it was 56 miles and I had no sitbone soreness. I haven't done a long ride on it yet (how this summer's gone for me ) but I've got enough miles on it that I'm sure when I do it won't be an issue.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Yeah, I had that same experience going from Jett to Ruby. Even after a century my sit bones didn't bother me.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

zoom-zoom, why switch from the Jett or the Ruby? I am curious. I have been using the Jett 155 but it is almost too soft, I think. A bit of soft tissue "burn" at the end of a ride. No chafing but I don't think my sit bones are supported well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahMN View Post
    zoom-zoom, why switch from the Jett or the Ruby? I am curious. I have been using the Jett 155 but it is almost too soft, I think. A bit of soft tissue "burn" at the end of a ride. No chafing but I don't think my sit bones are supported well enough.
    The Ruby/Jett 155 is wide enough, but not T-shaped enough...it rubs my inner-thigh/cheek zone and pushes me too far forward on the saddle.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

I think that may be my problem as well with the Jett 155. I wait to hear your review of the SSM Aspide.

Too wedge-shaped was my issue with the Jett too, also the cut-out was the wrong shape for me.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Y'know, I noticed how firm the Turbomatic was when I first sat on it, coming from a Jett, for sure. But there really wasn't an adjustment or break-in period at all. My first ride on it was 56 miles and I had no sitbone soreness. I haven't done a long ride on it yet (how this summer's gone for me ) but I've got enough miles on it that I'm sure when I do it won't be an issue.
    What size Jett were you riding?

How wide is the Turbomatic? Not their measurements, but the actual surface area measurement? Trying to see if this is wide enough for me, since I'm on a 143 now.
    Girl meets bike. Bike leads girl to a life of grime: http://mudandmanoloscycling.com/

SI Turbomatic is very domed. 153mm width. I think it seems more narrow due to being very domed. Way too narrow for my 130mm sit bones.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahMN View Post
    SI Turbomatic is very domed. 153mm width. I think it seems more narrow due to being very domed. Way too narrow for my 130mm sit bones.
    Yeah, I'd say it feels almost narrower than the 143 Jett. I think if someone had 120mm sit bones or narrower that it might be a good fit. I rode it again tonite with my tri shorts...that was especially uncomfortable.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3