Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I really can't wait until tomorrow night's ride. I just hope that all this anticipation doesn't turn to let-down. I don't even have another saddle in line that I'd want to try.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

I hope it works for you, I rode one for a long time and I love the flexibility of it.
    It makes up for the smaller size cutout.
    2009 Specialized Roubaix pro/SMP lite 209
    2010 Trek 4300/Specialized ariel 155

Has anyone ever heard of or seen the San Marco Ischia Glamour Arrowhead? I was doing some research on bikes (might be in the market for a new one soon), and found that this particular saddle is used as the stock saddle on the BH Cristal and the Jamis Xenith Elite Femme. Anyone have any experience with it? I tried looking it up online, and found very little info/pics on it. Apparently, much like the Aspide...there are various versions of it - the Glamour, and the Glamour Arrowhead. From what I was able to dig up, the Glamour does not have a cutout and is 155mm, and the Arrowhead does have a cutout, but is only 140mm. If anyone else can find some better specs on it, please let me know.

Linda
    2012 Seven Axiom SL - Specialized Ruby SL 155

Quote Originally Posted by kermit View Post
    I hope it works for you, I rode one for a long time and I love the flexibility of it.
    It makes up for the smaller size cutout.
    It's interesting how flexible it is. I really noticed that when comparing it to the Ruby. The ruby has some flex, but the Glamour is MUCH more flexible. I'll be interested to see how that feels.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

I was talking to my Specialized dealer today because they have been helping me with my saddle issues. I mentioned how I used to love my Toupe, but how uncomfortable it's been lately. Apparently, these saddles are meant to be replaced every year or so because they will literally start to buckle inward. Interesting thought. Maybe all I need is a new Toupe! Will give their demo a try after my century Sat.
    Girl meets bike. Bike leads girl to a life of grime: http://mudandmanoloscycling.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bluebug32 View Post
    I was talking to my Specialized dealer today because they have been helping me with my saddle issues. I mentioned how I used to love my Toupe, but how uncomfortable it's been lately. Apparently, these saddles are meant to be replaced every year or so because they will literally start to buckle inward. Interesting thought. Maybe all I need is a new Toupe! Will give their demo a try after my century Sat.
    Huh...now that is interesting. I would have never thought to replace my Ruby after just 1 year, though. That could get expensive...especially at over $100 a pop. Now I wonder what my Specialized dealer would say if I inquired about that. I'll have to make a point to stop there this weekend and bring that up.

Rode 27 miles on my Glamour Arrowhead and really think I may have finally won the saddle lottery...ding ding ding! I did have some up-front pressure issues, but I am pretty sure it has more to do with having it a hair too high in the front (I was suspicious that it might be before even riding it, but it's really hard to level these "hammocked" saddles). Other than that I was very happy...sit bones were good, I never felt like I had to push myself back, inner thighs were good (though not as good as on the Turbomatic...if that thing were less domed and/or wider it would be the PERFECT saddle).

Hubby angled the nose up just a hair and moved it forward on the rails about a quarter inch (I always know my saddles are back a hair too much when the insides of my legs brush the tops of my water bottles). I'll do a short ride tomorrow night just to make sure that everything is dialed-in right before my big ride across the state on Sat.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Yay!

How's the firmness of the GA Arrowhead compared to the Ruby? I really did love my GA for shorter rides. Maybe the Arrowhead is worth a look, if my sit bones can handle it...

Oops, again I posted after my bedtime and made no sense. Hubby tilted my nose DOWN a bit, not up.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    Yay!

How's the firmness of the GA Arrowhead compared to the Ruby? I really did love my GA for shorter rides. Maybe the Arrowhead is worth a look, if my sit bones can handle it...
    It's firmer than the ruby. But, really, even though the Ruby is firmer than the Jett I didn't notice a huge difference while riding, even as far as a century. I think maybe because my Jett was too narrow and I was out on the firmer edges, anyhow.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

If it is THE one, I think there ought to be some kind of ceremony to celebrate. I want to see pictures of you and your beloved. Mazel tov!
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

That's a great idea! I will have to get DH to get a photo of me "hugging" my saddle.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Yay!
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Rode a few miles tonite, with stops back home to have DH tweak things. I think last night that my saddle was about a quarter-inch too high. Lowering it made a difference, as did moving it a hair forward and tilting the nose down a skoosh. Tomorrow will be the true test. I'm kinda nervous, but I think the initial feel of this saddle is the best I've tried. I love the way it gives when I hit bumps and I don't feel like I'm being forced forward or mashing my inner thighs and backs of my cheeks into the transition area.

It is firm, though. I have a feeling that those last 50 miles of my ride across the state are gonna be noticeably sore. I can HTFU and deal with it, though.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    Rode a few miles tonite, with stops back home to have DH tweak things. I think last night that my saddle was about a quarter-inch too high. Lowering it made a difference, as did moving it a hair forward and tilting the nose down a skoosh. Tomorrow will be the true test. I'm kinda nervous, but I think the initial feel of this saddle is the best I've tried. I love the way it gives when I hit bumps and I don't feel like I'm being forced forward or mashing my inner thighs and backs of my cheeks into the transition area.

It is firm, though. I have a feeling that those last 50 miles of my ride across the state are gonna be noticeably sore. I can HTFU and deal with it, though.
    Kirsten...have you had an opportunity to ride in the drops on the Arrowhead? With it being so firm, did you feel any pressure on the girly parts while in the drops? That is usually one of my problem areas...especially on my Ruby. I have a Ruby with that stupid silver plastic tip at the nose, and as you know, there isn't much padding on the nose of the Ruby to begin with...so when I get in my drops it's "ouch" city for me. Literally feels like my bits are being smooshed...I can only stay in the drops for about a minute or so.