Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by bmccasland View Post
    This is the same information that was published in the travel section of our local paper. Also to buy your tickets on a tuesday or wednesday. Apparently the day of the week you buy your tickets comes into play on the price you see, even if you want to travel on some other day of the week. Obviously monday and friday are heavy travel days due to business travelers, therefore the tickets will be more expensive.

When I lived in NorCal, I calculated the time and cost from flying out of my local puddle jumper airport, to the 3 hr drive to Sacramento. Long haul flights it wasn't worth it to drive to Sac. Tickets may be cheaper from a larger futher airport, but you have to figure your time + the cost of gas and parking to get there and back.
    Oops; I should clarify that the advice I heard recently (on NPR I believe) was that you should book your flight Tuesday through Thursday. In my experience, you can generally fly cheaper if you travel Monday through Thursday, too. Of course, for a weekend wedding, I doubt that helps much.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Houston is about 2.5-3 hours been a while since I have been to Intercontinental so I can't remember exactly, for us it would need to be a substantial savings for the trip to be worth it. It appears San Antonio (107 miles from my door) is substantially cheaper than Austin, so we may do that. Since the Austin airport is actually about 40-45 miles it isn't exactly next door anyway. I am not quite ready to book but already found I could use one of the travel sites to figure out which airline is likely to be the cheapest, then hopped directly to the airline site and saw the same flight for about $40-50 cheaper for the total trip. I will try to watch Tuesday-Thursday. Unfortunately with my dog just having a $500 vet bill I am having to save a little money before I can buy but didn't want to ask for the day if it was going to cost way too much.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan