Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LG Neo Power Shorts

To disable ads, please log-in.

I know these are compression shorts so they are supposed to be tight.... but I see that some women bought a size up.

Just curious - if you bought a size up what is you body type?

My legs - I would say my quads (from just above the knees to the hips, including my glutes) are probably a little big by runners standards. I have a narrow waist and flat stomach though.

I'm leaning towards going with my usual size.

THanks for your input!

I personally don't understand the concept of compression shorts on a bike.

I have a couple of pairs of cycling shorts that are tight on me, but not as tight as a good comfortable fit in compression running shorts. For cycling, it means the chamois doesn't conform to my body, and they chafe. A lot.

I want cycling shorts to fit like a second skin. That's important where my real, and pretty delicate, skin contacts the saddle.

In shorts, I'm a small to medium in PI, a small to medium in SheBeest, an extra small in Terry (I think anyway, I've never actually tried on their XS but my small pair is so big that I can't wear them), a small to medium in Castelli, and a medium to large in Etxe Ondo. In LG, I'm a perfect wouldn't-change-a-thing (except maybe making them a little shorter) Large.

It sounds like I'm built similar to you. I've got some pretty substantial saddlebags, and pictures of me at foot races look enormous.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I just got my first pair, in a L, and they fit great, very supportive. I'm a M in Shebeest. I'm curvy, small waist with full butt and thighs. I'm 5'5" and 122 lbs. It's the first L I've ever bought in anything, as far as I can remember. They're very flattering and comfortable.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

I have these shorts and ordered a size up. They fit well and the chamois is amazing. I am small at the waist and big in thighs. I wear a large short in everything else, and ordering the XL hurt (especially since I have lost 30 pounds over the last year and am only 10-15 pounds over where I want to be), but I am glad I got the XL.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

I have two pairs of this model. I like the longer length, the chamois and the waistband. All good! I tend to wear them on longer rides (30 miles+) where the compression factor seems to help with fatigue.

For what it's worth, I'm 5'3", about 115 lbs, 36" hips, 28" waist. I find the Medium to be about as "snug" as I can stand without being uncomfortable.

My other "serious" shorts are Sugoi RS. A little shorter inseam, not quite so much compression, comfortable chamois and comfortable waist. I wear a M in those too.

Hope this helps!
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." (Will Rogers)

That's wild ... I'm 5'3 and 119#, my hips are about 8" wider than my waist, and I've got big thighs, so not a boyish figure at all. And I wear Large and they fit me perfectly. Any tighter and the chamois would surely chafe.

I have to ask ... so we're comparing compressive fit to compressive fit ... do you own any CW-X compression gear, and if so, what size do you wear in that? By their size charts I'm in the grey area between XS and S. I've never tried on XS, though I could possibly use a bit more compression than the S gives me. But the crotch does *not* conform to my body, and that would be an enormous issue with cycling shorts.
    Last edited by OakLeaf; 08-05-2011 at 05:00 AM.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I have some CW-X stuff...2 pairs of their Pro Shorts. I wear them underneath my capri pants at the gym. I like the compression and support they give me...as I tend to need that with my "jiggly" legs. I wear a L in CW-X...however, I don't yet own a pair of LG NEO shorts (they are on my buy list) so I can't offer any comparisons in sizing. FWIW, I'm 5'6" & about 153lbs. When wearing the CW-X gear, I do tend to get that dreaded muffin-top...so I always wear a looser top to try and conceal that as much as possible. I have a lot of loose skin in my waist area, and at 45 years old...it's not goin' anywhere.
    2012 Seven Axiom SL - Specialized Ruby SL 155

Well this weekend I had a chance to hit the LG retail outlet in Newport, VT and got my hands on a pair of these in medium.

They were just a LITTLE too uncomfortable for me to pull the trigger in that size.

I feel like the fatty in this thread though at 5'2, 129lbs

Thanks for the input. Now that I've decided on a large, TE seems to be sold out of larges.....d'OH!

Quote Originally Posted by MtnBikerChk View Post
    Don't! I'm light, but I'm not super skinny. I carry my weight in my butt and thighs, not in my chest. Still, neither of us should be a L, but the shorts are worth waiting for in that size.

The other shorts I really like, for the same price, are these: http://www.teamestrogen.com/prodSB_2144.html

The logo has started flaking off mine, but other than that, they're really good. They are a little shorter than the LG, and they have a drawstring at the waist. Even though they have leg grippers, they don't do the sausage legs thing, and they have a nice little zipped pocket in the back which is great.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Just an update - I just used these shorts for my 200 miler this weekend and they were great. It was a huge leap of faith for me to use an untested (at that length) chamois on a double century, and they were great.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Well this weekend I had a chance to hit the LG retail outlet in Newport, VT and got my hands on a pair of these in medium.

They were just a LITTLE too uncomfortable for me to pull the trigger in that size.

Thanks for the input. Now that I've decided on a large, TE seems to be sold out of larges.....d'OH!
    You might want to check the TE site again, cuz I just looked and it appears the Larges are back in stock...at least in the solid black they are.
    2012 Seven Axiom SL - Specialized Ruby SL 155

Not for long. They are selling so fast we're having a little trouble keeping up. They really are dynamite. If you don't see the size/color combo you want in stock, just call in to customer service. We'll place an order for you and it will ship within a few days.

FYI, we have 23 pairs on hand in large in black. More red and blue are expected in size large tomorrow or Thursday.
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois View Post
    Just an update - I just used these shorts for my 200 miler this weekend and they were great. It was a huge leap of faith for me to use an untested (at that length) chamois on a double century, and they were great.
    I'm taking a pair to PBP. I turned my friend Lesli on to them and she's got 2 for PBP. They really are a fantastic long distance short. So supportive!
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas View Post
    Not for long. They are selling so fast we're having a little trouble keeping up. They really are dynamite. If you don't see the size/color combo you want in stock, just call in to customer service. We'll place an order for you and it will ship within a few days.

FYI, we have 23 pairs on hand in large in black. More red and blue are expected in size large tomorrow or Thursday.
    Thanks Susan!

ok so I'm big on "closure" so here it is:

I ended up going a size up and getting the larges. when I got them, I realized they are just like a pair of LGs I have (different pattern so it was tough to tell online - I got the older pair at the outlet in a size medium). And if you are a big outlet shopper, you know everything could be off from inconsistent sizes, to colors, to bad stitching etc. So I just didn't know which way to go.

older pair: They are compression and they are tight - but once I get them on and start pedaling they are super comfy.

new ones: In a size up, they just feel like regular lycra shorts - they are still great but I think I should have gone with the mediums.

when they go on sale, I may just snag another pair......don't tell DH