Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

We haven't been totally idle up here in WA... we did get the state to pass a Vulnerable User Bill, but it has not (or at least had not) gone into effect yet this July...

Still it seems like there are other things this driver could be charged with, even without invoking the Vulnerable User Bill.... how about reckless driving??

The family has a lawyer and they are fighting this.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Oh, I didn't even slightly mean to suggest you and others in your area hadn't been activist! Obviously the PNW has a reputation of being more bike friendly than almost anywhere in the USA, and it didn't get that way by osmosis. I was just responding to TS. It's true that legislation and enforcement are two different things, and activists are needed in both spheres.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Just was reading about this on road.cc. The family is pursuing a civil case so that they can subpoena the cell phone records (they suspect he was texting) and so that the kid has to testify under oath exactly what he was doing when he hit the cyclist.

It's sad that they have to do what the police should have done.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    2009 Felt ZW100 (Gone but not forgotten)
    2010 C'Dale Synapse 5 Carbon Fem | Koobi Si Classic | "Cinders"