Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Oh no, Tokie! Hope you feel better very soon and are back on your bike in no time.

The ambulance knew exactly where to find me - it's where bikes crash all the time
    This made me laugh. Out loud, even.
    2001 Cannondale R500 <3
    2011 Specialized Ruby Elite Apex
    2021 Tangential Speedarama

Sounds like no fun at all. Hope you have an easy and uneventful recovery.

Brings back very bad memories. I broke my ankle December 2, 2010 - had surgery, plates and screws - trimalleolar fx(next to the worse fx). Now, 7 months, 18 days later, my ankle is about 80% back to normal. I hope you a speedy recovery and back on the bike this year - work very hard in physical therapy.
    2011 Specialized Secteur Elite Comp
    2006 Trek 7100

Thanks all for healing wishes! The first 48 hrs were awful, but by 36 hrs, able to discontinue pain pills. At this point my ribs,butt and back feel worse than my ankle. Some gastritis from emotional distress - will see therapist (must call for appt) soon for some perspective on this. All well wishes from work include "this is your second bad bike accident, do you think it's time to quit riding your bike, we do". I feel bad about being off work - and I miss work and riding my bike both. Good to hear about the value of PT. My fracture is only bi-malleolar and doc said my challenge will be a stiff ankle. I am so lucky that my breaks are above the joint. I am ready to do whatever my doc and PT tell me to do! bouncing back, tokie

Oh my! Get well quick!

What awful luck.
    Tzvia- rollin' slow...
    Specialized Ruby Expert/mens Bontrager Inform RXL
    Specialized SWorks Safire/mens Bontrager Inform RL
    Giant Anthem-W XT-XTR/mens Bontrager Inform RXL
    Fuji Newest 3 commuter/mens Bontrager Inform RL
    Novara E.T.A commuter/mens Bontrager Inform RL

Knee walker?? I am a nurse for a podiatrist. and my ankle fracture patients love them! Much safer and easier than crutches. Soo sorry about your injury! keep me posted on your recovery please.
    Yea, that first 48 is always the worse.. glad that part is over for you.
    Last edited by BikingNurse; 07-22-2011 at 11:40 AM.
    Women are. Like tea bags; you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Tokie View Post
    All well wishes from work include "this is your second bad bike accident, do you think it's time to quit riding your bike, we do". tokie
    By that logic, if you were in a car accident, would they suggest you stop driving? Just a thought on how to deal with that kind of comment.

Glad you're off the pain meds so soon. You're a tough chick!
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

So sorry Tokie about your crash. I had a very similar accident 1.5 years ago with three lower leg/ankle fractures and a complete rupture of the syndesmotic ligament. Took four months, surgery with all the appropriate hardware, four types of casts, totally non-weight bearing. The knee walker was a god-send! It also took a full year to be 100 percent. Really push with the PT and you'll be back on the bike in no time.

Good luck with your recovery
    2011 Cervelo S3/Bontrager Affinity RXL
    2009 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Feminine 4/Bontrager Affinity RXL
    '70s Nishiki Mixte

ouch! Hope healing goes quickly and without complication!

Tokie, good luck in PT. I am diff a fan of PT. Mine was a Tri-Malleolar.
    2006 Trek 7100

Wow, how time flies - sort of! I am in the last 3 wks of PT. Newer stuff includes some plyometric moves and jogging on a mini-trampoline. I also am doing some independent aqua aerobics at the local rehab pool - 92 degrees F and outdoors, pretty nice. The water work-out is great for stretching my tight muscles, it feels great on my ankle too. This is my second week back at work. Mostly it hurts (I'm on my feet all day) but has pushed my recovery faster than I would have done to myself! PT has been super helpful, I'm grateful for all the encouragement to work hard in PT from you all - I've had my moments! tokie

I too am I my feet all day too. My orthopod said that some ankle fx patients do well with a little elevation in their shoes. So I tried some Danskos, a world of difference, I am also pain free working.
    2006 Trek 7100