Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley

Cool Ergon's biomechanically designed platforms

Platform lovers, rejoice! Ergon has created a new platform pedal, the PC2, that uses a 6 degree angled platform that aligns the foot, hip and knee--all on a 3M non-skid surface. The pedal has a slightly concave surfact so that it gently cups your foot and you'll find that sweet spot each time you roll. You'll be able to wear any shoe without the special anatomically correct cycling insoles AND ride to your heart's content without sore knees or your shoe losing traction. No more biting the back of your calves or shins with those pesky pins and pointy parts on some of the platforms. And talk about reflectors--big honkin' reflectors are integrated for you safety minded folks. And did I mention that these pedals have a maintenance free polymer bearing? Yeah.

Ergon recommends these pedals for touring, commuting, and general riding.

I ordered a pair and I'm counting the days until they arrive. I'm gonna give them a real workout on the rolling gravel roads so stay tuned for a product review.

Oooo. I've seen some ads/articles about these pedals and will be very interested in your reviews. Especially interested in how connected you feel when the pedals and your shows are wet, and how well the grippy surface holds up.

I saw some in real life today. They look interesting.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls & looks like work" - Thomas Edison

I'm intrigued! I will anxiously await your review.

sundial, did you ever get your Ergon pedals? I am *this* close to pulling the trigger and ordering a set, but I'd be keen to hear your thoughts first.

Sundial, I am getting ready to make the switch from SPDs to platform and am very interested in these pedals. I think I have it narrowed down to these or the MKS GK Lambdas. I like the idea of the grippy surface material vs spikes.
    Any feedback on them?

Grits

2010 Trek 5.2 Madone WSD, SI Diva Gel Flow
    2002 Terry Classic, Terry Liberator

looking forward to hearing what people think as I have been wanted to put them in our store too!
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Rats, the $49 deal on Amazon seems to be over. I have gotten the ok to start some easy, short rides again now that I am six weeks post fracture, so need to go ahead and get some platform pedals since clipless are out. Think I'll order some Ergons from REI. Shipping is free, and I'll get my member rewards so will get a rewards check to spend later.

Grits

Quote Originally Posted by Grits View Post
    Rats, the $49 deal on Amazon seems to be over.
    I almost think that price was some kind of error that I just got lucky and stumbled onto. $69 and up seems to be the pretty consistent price, and has been since I started looking hard at them back in July.

Thought they were gonna get delivered yesterday, but it looks like today is the day.

Any update on this pedal? I'm very curious...

I went on a 16 mile greenway ride today using my Ergon pedals for the first time. I can only compare them to cheap platforms and SPD clipless pedals.

They do grip. I wore plain Nike sneakers/trainers, and there was no movement, sliding of my foot. To reposition it, I had to release almost all pressure on it. I did not have to physically lift my foot up off the pedal, but I was not pushing down on it at all.

I found them comfortable. I was worried with the contoured design that there would only be one "right" position, but that wasn't the case. I was able to shift my feet around and still be comfortable. (I was just experimenting, but with my foot injured, I wanted to be sure that if one position bothered it, I could try another position, and I could).

I am pleased with them, after a limited trial. The next test will be when I get on the road at higher speeds, but I don't see anyone's foot slipping off these pedals. I also found that I don't miss the "improved efficiency" of clipless pedals. I really don't think I was utilizing the upward pulling capability of those, anyway.

Grits