Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Portland ME

Portland ME

To disable ads, please log-in.

The DH and I are planning a non-biking trip to Portland, ME. Does anyone have any recommendations for places to go (in Portland or nearby), restaurants, bike shops, etc? How many days would you recommend staying?
    Girl meets bike. Bike leads girl to a life of grime: http://mudandmanoloscycling.com/

Portland has some awesome restaurants, and a terrific walking old downtown. If you like craft brews, Gritty McDuffs has a restaurant, as does Sebago (the food and beer at Sebago is better, IMO).

Freeport is pretty close if you want to make a pilgrimage to the flagship LL Bean store, as well as having other outlet shopping as well. Very pedestrian friendly.

I'm sure others will chime in. I love Portland.

Oh - and for bike shops visit Bath Cycle - home of Bikeman.com.

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

I love Portland so much, I chose to go there for the weekend for my 50th birthday. So many good restaurants and shops. It's truly a walking city, with lots of recreation nearby.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by SheFly View Post
    Portland has some awesome restaurants, and a terrific walking old downtown. If you like craft brews, Gritty McDuffs has a restaurant, as does Sebago (the food and beer at Sebago is better, IMO).

Freeport is pretty close if you want to make a pilgrimage to the flagship LL Bean store, as well as having other outlet shopping as well. Very pedestrian friendly.

I'm sure others will chime in. I love Portland.

Oh - and for bike shops visit Bath Cycle - home of Bikeman.com.

SheFly
    Drool....thanks! It looks like there are a few nice bike shops there. Any other cute towns nearby? How many days would you suggest staying in Portland? Any motel suggestions?
    Last edited by bluebug32; 07-16-2011 at 07:46 PM.
    Girl meets bike. Bike leads girl to a life of grime: http://mudandmanoloscycling.com/

We stayed at the Regency. It was fine, but there was a cooler, hotel across the street.
    Visit the little towns between Portland and Portsmouth, NH. Saco, Cape Elizabeth, Old Orchard Beach. And go to Portsmouth. It's very much like Portland, just smaller.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport