Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Road bike rides in Monterey area

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi,
    My boyfriend and I will be in the Monterey area at the end of September and are looking for suggestions on road bike rides.

Length: 50-120km (30-70 miles)

We'd love some suggestions on rides that are scenic (i.e. ocean) and a give a good representation of the area. We like all types of terrain, including hills.

Thanks for any help you could offer.

The area near the Pacific Grove Golf Course has some cool ocean views, and I seem to recall it being decent for biking - roads in good shape, etc. Might not be so long though.

Also, I just got an e-mail about the Gran Fondo Bella Di Cipresso on October 8th - the route maps from this should be good riding: http://www.cipressogranfondo.com/ind...nformation.htm

Monterey is great, and the aquarium is world-class. Have fun!
    2001 Cannondale R500 <3
    2011 Specialized Ruby Elite Apex
    2021 Tangential Speedarama

For a shorter ride, you could loop around "the peninsula", ie Pacific Grove.

Another shorter ride is the bike path from Cannery Row north to the Seaside / Sand City area.

For a longer ride, head south along Highway 1 towards Big Sur. Turn around when you feel you've gone far enough.

Another option is going inland on Carmel Valley Road (although I've never been that way so don't know what it's like.)

Google Street View has a Trike that basically records street view images of bike paths. If you go to this link, you can see the Monterey Peninsula Recreational Trail
    Bike Friday Petite Crusoe
    Terry Trixie
    Gary Fisher beater bike