Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PB & J Smoothie

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    You can put anything in

I like the Bolthouse Farms Mocha Cappuccino. It's whey protein, and the flavor does a lot for this.

Plus, yogurt is a good protein source, though I haven't ever looked up the breakdown for how complete it is. Dairy is usually complete.
    I just assumed that Blue Bell yogurt was regular yogurt (as opposed to Greek) and therefore relatively low in protein content... Yeah, according to the MFP database, it has only 8g of protein per serving.
    2006 Giant OCRc
    2011 Giant Escape City W
    198? Univega Nuovo Sport 42/16 fixed gear conversion
    1979 Peugeot 44/18 fixed gear conversion

The Blue-Bell was a onetime thing. I've since frozen regular containers of Greek Yogurt and used that instead. Not quite as 'ice-cream' tasting, but much more healthful.
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Krampus!

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    The Blue-Bell was a onetime thing. I've since frozen regular containers of Greek Yogurt and used that instead. Not quite as 'ice-cream' tasting, but much more healthful.
    Wouldn't a couple of ice cubes added to the blender help with the "ice creamness" when using non-frozen yogurt? I've held the cube in the palm of one hand and smacked it with a metal soup spoon to crack before tossing in the blender. You could skip this if you own one of those fancy refrig/freezers that delivers crushed ice. I use the ice cube trick to turn smoothies into "milk shakes".
    Beth

Quote Originally Posted by blue_angel View Post
    I just assumed that Blue Bell yogurt was regular yogurt (as opposed to Greek) and therefore relatively low in protein content... Yeah, according to the MFP database, it has only 8g of protein per serving.
    I've found all non-fat yogurt to have a lot of protien, not just Greek yogurt. Perhaps I am just fortunate to find this at where I shop - all of my non-fat dairy sources have quite high protein.

Greek yogurt has a lot more protein than regular yogurt. The non-fat version doesn't have the tangy-ness of regular non-fat yogurt.

I keep forgetting freezing the bananas routine. Around here, bananas go bad pretty quickly because it's so *F$^%@ hot.

Blenders - once a year Costco runs a special on Vitamix blenders. Those are awesome. You can actually make soft serve ice cream in them. If you use a blender a lot, I really recommend it. The only downside is that you cannot put it in the dishwasher. BUT, you can put dishsoap in it, hot water & run it for a few seconds. Viola! Rinse it out & you're done.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid