Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Nuts control Type 2 Diabetes

To disable ads, please log-in.

Replacing some carbohydrates with 2 ounces of nuts daily could control blood glucose levels and lower LDL's. This approach was not associated with weight gain.

From Science Daily and Diabetes Care

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...le+Feedfetcher
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Krampus!

An excellent find.
    2009 Fuji Team

My blog - which rarely mentions cycling. It's really about decorating & food. http://www.crisangsteninteriors.com/blog

That sounds promising. Only a small study (117 subjects total), but perhaps it'll be repeated on a larger scale some day.

Yes, a small study. Wouldn't have posted, but these are published from refereed journals, so worth mentioning.

Actually, I know some people whose doctors have had them doing this for years. Perhaps this is something diabetes docs know from experience, and now researchers are checking it out?

Anyway. I am a science geek
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Krampus!

I'm glad you posted it. I recently found out I'm borderline Type 2, and I'll gladly try this (in addition to the traditional diet & exercise recommendations) if it'll keep me off meds.

Jenkins and his colleagues provided three different diet supplements to subjects with Type 2 diabetes. One group was given muffins, one was provided with a mixture of nuts including raw almonds, pistachios, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, peanuts, cashews, and macadamias, and one group was given a mixture of muffins and nuts.
    It's not a big surprise that muffins won't do much to improve Type2 Diabetes, is it?