Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Cruella Challenge 10/22/2011

To disable ads, please log-in.

The 3rd Annual Cruella Challenge is open for registration at www.cruellachallenge.com ! My women's multisport team, Diablo Multisport Connection (DMC) organizes this challenging SF bay area (east bay) century and metric century ride. I rode the metric and 2009 and the full last year (in the rain!) and it's a great ride. This year I get to work it instead, so come out and say hi!

Like previous years, proceeds benefit Girls on the Run www.gotrbayarea.org .

From the website:
    "Open to men and women, The Cruella Challenge offers plenty of climbing including Mt. Diablo, Pig Farm, the 3 Bears, Wildcat Canyon, Skyline and Pinehurst totaling approximately 4,000 ft of elevation gain for the Metric Century (62 miles) and approximately 9,000+ ft for the Full Century (100 miles)!

For Full Century riders, the ultimate challenge is to tackle the Double Junction a second trip up to the Junction of Mt. Diablo at mile 90. Once again, century riders who conquer the Double Junction will receive a special, commemorative souvenir as a symbol of their achievement."

Thanks,
    Tara

I just confirmed that the ride will also benefit Save Mt. Diablo http://www.savemountdiablo.org/

And some people think that this ride is for women (like Cinderella) but it is definitely a co-ed event!

Tara

That's cruel!!! Mt. Diablo at 90 mile mark. That is very rude!!

Quote Originally Posted by smilingcat View Post
    That's cruel!!! Mt. Diablo at 90 mile mark. That is very rude!!
    Not really - it's "only" to the Junction and from the south side, which is the "easy" side.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I just found out that the "commemorative souvenir" you will receive at the top of the second junction climb is a very cool ride pocket made by totally tubular designs. So it will be worth it!