Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain

Biking in downtown Nashville

To disable ads, please log-in.

I know this has been asked before, but my question wasn't answered so I'm asking again.
    We'll be passing through Nashville and staying overnight on our way to NC at the end of July. I was wanting to get in a 20 mile ride early in the morning before we hit the road, so I was wondering if there are any trails downtown-ish (or near I-40) that we could ride to get in some mileage on our way through town. I have been to this site: http://www.greenwaysfornashville.org/directions.htm and although it shows many trails they are only 1-3 miles long. Is there a linking trail system through the city?
    Thanks for any insight!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Resurrecting an old thread instead of creating a new one...

I'm toying with the idea of re-locating to Nashville. I've been several times and love the city for multiple reasons, but haven't had much opportunity to check out cycling options. I rode a portion of the Natchez Trace Parkway during one visit, and noticed a lot of signage for the Music City Bikeway on another trip. But I'd like to know what else it out there, not just close to town but farther away as well-- Anyone on the forum from the Nashville area or anywhere nearby?
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.