Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Seattle tattoo - easy access by bike

To disable ads, please log-in.

Any Seattlites yearning for a tattoo shop they can easily ride to, check out Two Birds Tattoo.

www.twobirdstattoo.com

Owned by 2 women, all the staff are women, when I was there the clientele was all women. Great comfortable atmosphere (feels like a clean and bright art gallery). I was very happy with my artist, with my tat, and with my aftercare instructions and aftercare kit.

My artist (Tarah) was able to take an image from a book, a crappy sketch I'd made on a TE Post-it, and my verbal description of what I wanted in general, and from that create EXACTLY what I was looking for!

They are on a street with a bike lane, and within a few blocks of several major bike routes.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

They even sponsored an all-girl alley cat race in June. Their work is gorgeous! How'd you ever find out about them??
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

When do we get to see photos (or have you posted and I missed it)?

My favorite place to get inked is lovely, too. Definitely not a fly-by-night kind of joint, very clean, very laid-back. My favorite artist has been there since she was a teenager, originally working as a receptionist, since she wasn't legally old enough to work as an artist. I think she's maybe in her late 20s, now. Pretty much every artist there has been there for close to a decade. And they are VERY bike friendly. They have "on less car" stickers on the door, the computer, the front desk. I thought this was cool even before I became velo-enamored.

If I'm ever in Seattle I'm going to have to check out Seattle Tattoo.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Quote Originally Posted by salsabike View Post
    They even sponsored an all-girl alley cat race in June. Their work is gorgeous! How'd you ever find out about them??
    Yes! They support Menstrual Monday's stuff!

I've never been on a Menstrual Monday ride, but one of these days I'd like to.
    (anyone game to join me? I think they meet down at the Seattle Center.)

I found out about them through a friend who had a tattoo done there by Ruby (one of the owners). She was really pleased with the work and the place in general. I did a bit of research online about them, and decided to go there for mine. I really had a great time, and am so very happy with how the tat turned out.

One of the things that amazes me is how artistic people can take a mish-mash of examples and ideas and create something that is so RIGHT and PERFECT. That's some crazy talent that I just do not have, and I really admire in folks that do.
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 07-10-2011 at 11:08 AM.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post

If I'm ever in Seattle I'm going to have to check out Seattle Tattoo.
    Oops, sorry, my title was a bit misleading! The shop is named Two Birds Tattoo (owned by two women, two birds...) www.twobirdstattoo.com

I'll post a picture as soon as the tat is out of its grody phase. Maybe in a week or two.
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 07-10-2011 at 11:15 AM.

Now you are making me want a tattoo.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

I've already got an idea for my next one...

LETS GO!

Tattoos involve lots of needle like pricks, I'll pass. Merci, mais non.
    Beth

I know. All these years I've been able to resist. And I may continue resisting. But the Two Birds work is so beautiful. I started having little fantasies yesterday...if I did, what would I do? A tiny ballet shoe on one ankle, and the swim/bike/run--also tiny--on the other...

I don't THINK I'll actually do it. But you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by bmccasland View Post
    Tattoos involve lots of needle like pricks, I'll pass. Merci, mais non.
    It actually didn't hurt nearly as much as I expected it to. The edge that got close to my shinbone felt like getting snapped by a rubber band, but on the whole it felt like someone running a toothpick over my skin. Or drawing on me with a slightly too-sharp pencil.

Much less painful than waxing my legs or plucking my eyebrows.

I know. All these years I've been able to resist. And I may continue resisting. But the Two Birds work is so beautiful. I started having little fantasies yesterday...if I did, what would I do? A tiny ballet shoe on one ankle, and the swim/bike/run--also tiny--on the other...

I don't THINK I'll actually do it. But you never know.
    The artist who did my tattoo (Tarah Pennington) is very good with tiny. She figured out how to do the small (size of a half dollar coin) tat I wanted and still keep it clear by leaving off some of the details and changing some of the shading AND by adding a little bit of color to bring the whole thing to life.

She was very careful and took her time with a tiny needle to put fine details into what is a very simple-looking tattoo. And did a lot of neat things like leaving wee un-inked bits between the separate parts so it looks tidy and clear, yet when you look at it you don't notice them. (they were not in my original picture I brought in, she did that herself when she drew it for me)

Tiny is cheap, too. $60 for mine.

Picture??

I HATE plucking my eyebrows! but I am going to get a tattoo to celebrate my 50th birthday coming soon. A sunshine on my shoulder. I get so depressed in the winter when it's gray all the time that I want my sunshine always with me

Not all who wander are lost

+1
    Been thinking about it for 30 years but then got complicated up with surgical scars on the good places.
    Then I just thought a few weeks ago maybe to get one on my 30 stitch long (outer) upper arm scar (the incision they did to get access to the crushed bone from the "clean side"). Like incorporating the scar.
    Which I have seen pics of women who have done that with their mastectomy scars and I had an idea for a while to do a blossoming cherry branched twig using both the scars. My oncologist in 1996 said she had seen them too and it was really nice and my surgeon in 2009 thought it was a good idea but turned down the nitrous oxide before I got any more ideas.
    Might work out quite expensive what with the airline ticket and all...
    Watch this space - TE wimminz are a Bad Influence!

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!

Quote Originally Posted by margo49 View Post
    +1
    Been thinking about it for 30 years but then got complicated up with surgical scars on the good places.
    Then I just thought a few weeks ago maybe to get one on my 30 stitch long (outer) upper arm scar (the incision they did to get access to the crushed bone from the "clean side"). Like incorporating the scar.
    Which I have seen pics of women who have done that with their mastectomy scars and I had an idea for a while to do a blossoming cherry branched twig using both the scars. My oncologist in 1996 said she had seen them too and it was really nice and my surgeon in 2009 thought it was a good idea but turned down the nitrous oxide before I got any more ideas.
    Might work out quite expensive what with the airline ticket and all...
    Watch this space - TE wimminz are a Bad Influence!
    Vyvyn Lazonga here in Seattle specializes in surgical and post-mastectomy tattoos. There have been a couple of articles about her in the Seattle papers. If you do a search by her name you may find more pictures than in her gallery online. (I can't get to her site from work, it's blocked. I can't give you a link, sorry!) IIRC when you mouse over the pictures in her gallery you can see the "before" pics.