Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Gloves/mitts with no seams in web of hand? anybody make them?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've been searching for gloves or mitts (don't mind which - if I find 'em, I will buy 'em!) with NO SEAMS anywhere in that delicate sensitive space between the thumb and forefinger. Why do most gloves have seams there??

So far - I have only found one - made by Santini, for men only, smallest size is "medium" which is swimmingly too big for my Ladies-medium sized hands. Plus, they are grotesquely ugly.

Anybody know of anything?

Must be suitable for road-riding (drop bars). And if I had my druthers, they'd have some gel padding across the base of the palm - but that's not a deal breaker.

I am beginning to toy with the idea of commissioning my own... cost be damned...!
    Rebecca

Riley - custom 2014 Enigma Etape
    Bridget - 2010 Surly Cross Check
    Lorelei - 1979 Puch Princess mixte
    Astrid - 2014 Viking Bromley singlespeed mixte
    Lucy - bespoke 2012 Brompton S1L

Visit my blog: velovoice.blogspot.co.uk

Bump... I'm still searching! I made two attempts to go the design-my-own route, found it very complicated.
    Rebecca

The only gloves I can think of that don't have a seam there are the yoga gloves that I bought. They are black knit half-finger gloves with grippy things on the palms and fingers. They're very thin -- no padding at all.

Then there are the knit DeFeet full finger gloves that I have, which are a bit thicker but still unpadded. I have one pair in wool blend and one made from a synthetic fiber.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Hi ny biker

I have a variety of knit gloves, including DeFeet ones. As you say, they have no padding. What I'm after is a pair of cycling-specific gloves i.e. contoured and padded appropriately, but with seams avoiding sensitive areas such as the webbing between the thumb and forefinger. These would be for performance use, especially long distances rides, not short commutes (for which I often use non-cycling gloves such as the DeFeet or similar).

I think there is a gap in the market on this. Perhaps I should contact Susan O and see if TE want to look into it?!

R
    Rebecca

FWIW, meat cutters'/safety gloves are knit kevlar, and they do make them with silicone dot grippers on the palms. I know that's not what you're looking for, but at least you would have some protection. I have worn them in the past for low-speed summer motorcycling when I'm so prone to eczema on my hands.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

gloves

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca19804 View Post
    Hi ny biker

I have a variety of knit gloves, including DeFeet ones. As you say, they have no padding. What I'm after is a pair of cycling-specific gloves i.e. contoured and padded appropriately, but with seams avoiding sensitive areas such as the webbing between the thumb and forefinger. These would be for performance use, especially long distances rides, not short commutes (for which I often use non-cycling gloves such as the DeFeet or similar).

I think there is a gap in the market on this. Perhaps I should contact Susan O and see if TE want to look into it?!

R
    There is a big, big gap and I have same issue. My thumb/forefinger area gets achy and then my whole hand form deteriorates. I do have a pair of Scott gloves that don't have a seam but they aren't padded either. Which seems ok. Downside is the material is easier worn after sweating a ton.