Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

New to the forum - just ordered a new bike, can't wait to get it! - and it's great to see a weight loss challenge, just what I need!

So I was 185lbs last Friday and would like to get to 174lbs by September 2nd - then I'd just be overweight and no longer obese, haha! Over the past 18 months I've lost 60lbs I had put on through illness and medication (and eating too much of course ;P) and still have about 40lbs to go.

Look forward to following everyone's progress!

I would love to join the challenge. I need some sort of motivation. I gained 30 pounds about two years ago and I'm desperate to lose them. I bought my bike in May and I lost about 5 pounds right off but can't seem to keep the momentum.

I weighed in at 145 on Friday (and still today). My September 2nd goal is 134. I'm dying to get into the 120's eventually but I want to set a reasonable goal.
    Orbea Onix Dama TLT

Weigh in..

149.8 this morning a step in the right direction I suppose...

Also, why do Wiggle keep sending me free Haribo with my cycling orders? I think they're mocking me

117.4 - whew- finally seeing the downward trend. It helps with the motivation.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain

Nice. I'm busting my a$$ and I lose 3/10 of a pound. Wow- that gives me SUCH great motivation to continue. (insert EXTREMELY sarcastic tone here).
    Ugh- I'm ready for phen-phen... to hell with what it does to my heart. I'm so sick of being fat and trying and the scale not budging.
    Oh, and I worked out 14.5 hours last week. It's not like I need to workout more.... sheesh
    And no, it's not muscle. I've been working out like this since early June training for an IM in September. My clothes fit exactly the same- if it were muscle I'd be slimming down even if my weight hasn't changed.
    I'm doing Weight Watchers and staying within my points (using all my weekly bonus points, eating all my daily points). I've lost weight with WW before, but for some reason I'm not budging this time. Making healthy choices, limiting sugar, cut out all soda on July 1st.

Sorry for the b#tchfest- just frustrated and irritated... Just needed to vent. Sulking and getting back on the wagon to keep at it...
    Last edited by Tri Girl; 07-15-2011 at 05:46 AM.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

184 this morning - lost 1lb, at least it's in the right direction! And I got my new bike yesterday so that has got to help!

126.5 at the doctor's office, so I am down .5 pounds. This is good as it is a different scale and was not a weigh in first thing in the morning when I am nice and dehydrated.

On the downside, my BP was up. She ended up taking it three times waiting for it to go down a bit. What is up with that? My BP was last taken at the doctor's office 31 pounds ago and it is higher now.

So still on the BP drugs and have to take my bp once in a while to see where I am at.

My next weigh in won't be until I see my sleep doc on the 29th. Hope to be down a pound to 125.5. I am not pushing the weight loss hard right now as I am trying to get stronger.
    Last edited by goldfinch; 07-15-2011 at 07:17 AM.

226.2 as of yesterday.

I'm in Hawaii, 16th anniversary, heading to hotel gym.

Roxy
    Getting in touch with my inner try-athlete.

Arrrrrgh, I keep forgetting to weigh - will to so first thing tomorrow.

I was up a pound yesterday . This had better be due to hormonal water retention.

Could not weigh myself today because I was in a hotel after going to the U2 concert in Philadelphia last night.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I've been in crazy remodeling mode, missed the last 2 weeks, but my weigh in is 135 - yay. Hard labor helps! LOL

I was 135.4 yesterday. It is the first day after my shoulder surgery 2 weeks ago that I attempted to get ready for work (shower, dress) and drive there myself. I made it - but had bad hair and needed a nap when I got to work I am getting better every day though!
    Karen

2009 Cannondale Quick 4 Hybrid
    2010 Periwinkle Trek Madone 4.7 WSD, Bontrager Affinity 2 WSD Saddle
    2012 Co-Motion "Speedster" Tandem with Lady Selle Italia Saddle and thud-buster

lesko.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Congrats and welcome!

What kind of bike?
    Thank you! I just got a Specialized Ariel Sport Disc, first new bike since the 90s so I am very excited - going out for a ride in a little while to test it out.