Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Well, after one HELL of a week (boyfriend slept with another woman, electricty threatened. To be turned off, etc)...I finally weighed in this morning.

223 lbs!

There's a lot to be said for feeling like you want to puke all day long from stress and sorrow. Ya lose weight.

A fine week preceeding my birthday today....(sigh)

Love you girls!!
    2010 Jamis Satellite Sport w/ Brooks Flyer Saddle

I was at 222 yesterday. I think because of lower activity level courtesy of chest congestion. Back to exercising and I think heading the right way this week.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliegoddess View Post
    Well, after one HELL of a week (boyfriend slept with another woman, electricty threatened. To be turned off, etc)...I finally weighed in this morning.

223 lbs!

There's a lot to be said for feeling like you want to puke all day long from stress and sorrow. Ya lose weight.

Love you girls!!
    Oh no, Julie. That's not the way you want the scale to go down for sure. Hugs to you!!! So sorry about your boyfriend. I hope your birthday was good anyhow and you surrounded yourself with friends who truly love you!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Girl View Post
    Oh no, Julie. That's not the way you want the scale to go down for sure. Hugs to you!!! So sorry about your boyfriend. I hope your birthday was good anyhow and you surrounded yourself with friends who truly love you!
    Thank you hon!! I WAS eating better last week, too...so it wasn't just stress. However, since you mentioned my birthday yesterday, THAT day ended with me getting a traffic ticket and fine for $150. I HAD to ask if my week could get any worse, didn't I??!!

But you know what? Last week is OVER. The bad stuff is all behind. Good stuff ahead, and I can make it happen for MYSELF. I'm in control....of my own life. gotta keep telling myself that!
    2010 Jamis Satellite Sport w/ Brooks Flyer Saddle

223 lbs!

Love you girls!!
    Oh my heaven! You know, you don't want to win the 'worst week EVER' award, right? Trust me. I won it in Dec when my nephew was killed. Not an award I'm looking to win again, nor do I want to see any of you win it either!

Please take care of yourself. I'd say have a happy birthday but not sure how you'll do that this time. Maybe muddle through this one and next year have 2 wonderful days of birthday celebrating.

(Though sadly I do get the whole - bonus that I'm feeling so lousy I can't even think about eating. Just not a way I want any of us to lose any weight!)

But you know what? Last week is OVER. The bad stuff is all behind. Good stuff ahead, and I can make it happen for MYSELF. I'm in control....of my own life. gotta keep telling myself that!
    That's the perfect attitude!! You control your own destiny. Can't control what others do, but you can control your attitude and how you deal with things.
    Only wonderful things from here on out for you!!! Up, up, and away!!

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post

Could not weigh myself today because I was in a hotel after going to the U2 concert in Philadelphia last night.
    I hope you enjoyed it! I heard this year's tour is awesome.

I'm at 132.5, which is on the low side of the 134-132 swing I've been doing for the past 6 weeks. Well, at least it's not up again.
    wouldn't give nothin for my journey now
    2009 Raleigh Alysa
    2009 Fuji Finest 1.0

223 lbs!

Love you girls!!
    I hope everything goes better this week!
    Karen

2009 Cannondale Quick 4 Hybrid
    2010 Periwinkle Trek Madone 4.7 WSD, Bontrager Affinity 2 WSD Saddle
    2012 Co-Motion "Speedster" Tandem with Lady Selle Italia Saddle and thud-buster

lesko.tumblr.com

181#
    2011 Specialized Secteur Elite Comp
    2006 Trek 7100

Thank you hon!! I WAS eating better last week, too...so it wasn't just stress. However, since you mentioned my birthday yesterday, THAT day ended with me getting a traffic ticket and fine for $150. I HAD to ask if my week could get any worse, didn't I??!!

Great attitude, you are in control! Sending you some positive vibes

I was out of town, so didn't get to weigh in until today, I'm at 123.5.

I'll weigh in today since I'll be out of town for the next two Fridays.

I don't know how in the world I gained 2.5 lbs. I want to give up. I just can't take this trying and then being disappointed by the scale. It ruins my whole day. I need to not let the scale determine my mood and self-worth, but I need to lose weight. Ugh...
    I'm so tired of being fit but fat. Maybe this is who I am and I need to make peace with it...

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Girl View Post
    I'll weigh in today since I'll be out of town for the next two Fridays.

I don't know how in the world I gained 2.5 lbs. I want to give up. I just can't take this trying and then being disappointed by the scale. It ruins my whole day. I need to not let the scale determine my mood and self-worth, but I need to lose weight. Ugh...
    I'm so tired of being fit but fat. Maybe this is who I am and I need to make peace with it...
    Since last week, I lost a pound, then gained 2. Between yesterday morning and this morning, I lost 1.5 pounds. Small amounts like that could be due to water gain/loss as much as anything else.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    I just looked at the pictures of you on your profile and blog.
    Guess what? You're not fat.
    Thank you. I'm just having a pity party lately. Frustrated. Training for IM should be helping me at least gain muscle mass, but my body isn't changing. Last week only lost .3, this week gained. I'm just so tired of it all. Doesn't help that I do triathlons where I'm surrounded by the (probably too) skinniest people who have their fair share of eating disorders. I just feel like the fat one of my peers, and I am in comparison. I need to stay away from cameras and mirrors because I feel beautiful until I see myself- and then the self-loathing begins... it's all in my head. I wish I could fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    \Small amounts like that could be due to water gain/loss as much as anything else.
    I know you're probably right. If I wait a day or two it might be different.

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)

Just had a sneak peak at the scales - not the best time to do it at the end of the day but I know I've gained and wanted to prepare myself for the bad news.......

Unless someone chops off both my feet in the night I think I will have gained at least 2 pounds come tomorrow morning