Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    Thanks... have not been able to ride right since the accident... have some permanent damage to parts of my body. But, still working on trying though.

It was a challenge to find an Orbea to ride. Your other choices are good too. Ultimately, get what fits you the best.

I had a Giant wsd alum frame road bike prior to the Orbea carbon. What a mess. Just sold it on consignmet at my lbs. It was so ill fit, two frames size too big for me. I was in pain always riding. Only good thing about it was that I found TE lol. I needed help. The ladies here were so wonderful. So, maybe fate for a reason.

The Orbea geometry I sought out after a professional bike fit. I was willing to travel any distance to get a good fit... and not repeat another very sickening expensive mistake... with no thanks to the lbs that sold the Giant to me.

The alum ride I just felt was harsh on my bad back disk problems. The carbon sucks up the road and smoothes things out. More comfort, equals happier longer rides.

My Onix stock is not a light carbon. She's about 18-ish pounds. The Diva is one pound lighter in the frameset alone. Thus 1K more for that lighter pound. I *think* the lbs owner told me in the Diva the steer tube/head is all carbon... where in the Onix there is some alum... thus the extra weight. But, someone at Orbea could verify that.

They do also have a crash replacement discount policy. Think it's 20/25%. The dealer inspected my Orbea for frame cracks. Good to go. Due to the cost of that bike I happen to have it insured also on my home owners as a rider. Fwiw.

OK, hope you didn't become half blind reading all that... I'm a bit of a gear reseach geek that way lol.
    Thanks Miranda. So sorry to hear you are not fully recovered/able to ride yet. I stopped by my LBS today just to galk. :-) I'm going to ride the Cervelo and Ruby. If I love one of them then I will decide... I can't get an Orbea the way I want so... I do reserve the right to change my mind and drive to the ends of the earth to ride one. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavigne View Post
    I also had to make the tough choice between the Ruby and the Orbea. The Ruby was at the LBS and was a decent fit after a few adjustments. The closest Orbea was about 7 hours away (one way) but I just couldn't bring myself to buy the Ruby without at least testing the Orbea. So, I made the drive and fell in love with it. The fit is perfect, it rides like a dream, and it's GORGEOUS.

Like you, I felt a little guilty when I took it to the LBS for new tires. (They could have ordered it for me but I really didn't want to pay for a bike I hadn't tested.). My guilt was not necessary. When I rolled her in everyone was gawking, literally. They asked where I had gotten it and said they too would have driven to the ends of the earth for that bike. I get complements every time I ride. It's the Onix Dama TLT in black, white, and turquoise.
    Hi Lavigne. My Dolce fits me like a glove so I suspect I will love the Ruby. I'll keep you posted after my test rides. I just wish the 2012's would come out NOW!!! As I said to Miranda... I reserve the right to change my mind about the Orbea. LOL.

Orbeas seem to be really hard to come across if you're not in the southwest... The geometry seems like it'd work for me.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Susie Derkins View Post
    If the Dolce fits you well, you may find (as I did) that the Felt's ZW geometry is too relaxed for you.

I don't have any Orbea or Bianchi dealers anywhere near me, so those weren't on my list. Scott did fit me very similarly to Specialized.

In the end, though, I'm partial to Specialized. I went in planning to buy the Dolce Comp, and came home with a Ruby Comp instead. The angels sang, what can I say. If you really like the way the Dolce fits you, do you want to mess with success?
    Hey Susie,
    I think you have probably guessed the outcome. The Dolce is a lovely bike so I am 99% sure I will end up with the Ruby. But for that kind of money I want to test all the toys I can. I know this is stupid but I am waiting for the 2012 b/c I don't like the color of the 2011 (Expert.) And the Orbea's are so SWEET looking. :-) I'll keep ya posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneriver View Post
    Hey Susie,
    I think you have probably guessed the outcome. The Dolce is a lovely bike so I am 99% sure I will end up with the Ruby. But for that kind of money I want to test all the toys I can. I know this is stupid but I am waiting for the 2012 b/c I don't like the color of the 2011 (Expert.) And the Orbea's are so SWEET looking. :-) I'll keep ya posted.
    Funny, I absolutely love the red of the 2011 Expert. Not that it really matters, since I'm pretty sure they're out of stock by now.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    Funny, I absolutely love the red of the 2011 Expert. Not that it really matters, since I'm pretty sure they're out of stock by now.
    I am just dying to find out the colors of the 2012 Ruby Expert. Can't find a thing. I think Specialized will announce the new line in the next 2 weeks or so. But I don't know if it will be available before later in the year. I've got a bike jones now. I'm riding my third Bike MS (150 miles over 2 days) this year and I'd love to do it on a new bike... :-) But I would want to be riding the new bike for about a month before hand. So much stress. HA HA.