Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

7th Annual Brown County Breakdown ~ Oct. 8-9, 2011

To disable ads, please log-in.

Registration is now open for the 7th Annual Brown County Breakdown!

$85 ~ Early Bird (now thru July 31)
    $100 ~ General Registration (Aug 1 thru NOON on Oct 7)
    $125 ~ On-site Registration (Oct 8, 9)
    $50 ~ Youth Participant (ages 15 and under riding 20+ miles)

You can find all the info about this year's event and a link to register at http://www.browncountybreakdown.com

or you can go directly to BikeReg

http://www.bikereg.com/events/regist...?EventID=12267

Remember folks.... this isn't a race, just a great ride in the woods with a few hundred of your closest friends!

Just a little over three weeks left to get registered for the 7th Annual Brown County Breakdown! We have a huge weekend of events planned that you are NOT going to want to miss. We've already received registrations from AZ, CO, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, MI, MO, NC, NM, NY and OH. We have never had so many different states represented!

The fun begins on Friday, October 7 with the grand opening of the new mountain bike trails at Fort Benjamin Harrison State Park (Indpls, IN). Join HMBA leaders, local volunteers, families and friends at 11 a.m. for the opening ceremony followed by a casual group ride.

Following the ceremony, head south to Brown County State Park (http://www.browncountymountainbiking.com) where the exclusive on-site camping at the Start/Finish will open at 3 p.m. There is still plenty of room for both Friday and Saturday night, but space is limited so be sure and sign-up online to guarantee a spot. Cost is $10 per person, per night for tent camping or $50 per RV. Children 10 and under camp free. All camping proceeds go directly to the State Park.

Be sure and stop by the bike and product demos from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, October 8 at the main mountain bike parking lot near the North Gate entrance.
    ~ Chat with HMBA leaders and long-time members and see what's next for HMBA. Renew your HMBA-IMBA membership or buy your favorite HMBA gear. Registered participant's who are current HMBA members receive a free commemorative pint glass (while supplies last)!
    ~ Visit the Friends of Brown County State Park booth and enter your name to win a free 2012 Indiana State Park pass.
    ~ Test ride bikes from Giant and Trek and look at the latest merchandise from SKS-Germany, Scott, Mavic and more.
    ~ Sign up for private mountain bike photo sessions with official event photographers, 2 Pedals Photography.

Don't forget the Family Fun Ride begins at 2 p.m. on Saturday. This fun, casual ride is open to anyone of all ages and mountain biking experience and is a great way to introduce friends and family to the joys of mountain biking. This ride is free and does not include t-shirt or hog roast ticket.

This year we are excited to have three local brewery sponsors including Big Woods Brewing Co. (Nashville, IN), Upland Brewing Co. (Bloomington, IN) and Flat12 Bierwerks (Indpls,IN). Complimentary beer is available to registered participants (21+, bring your ID) on both Friday and Saturday night. To top things off, we have an entire weekend of live bluegrass music planned from our local fiddlin' friends at Weed Patch Music to regional faves, New Old Cavalry and White Lightning Boys and special musical guest, Danny Barnes!

Be sure and check out the entire weekend schedule at http://www.browncountybreakdown.com.

You can also stay up to date on all the latest news and announcements at http://www.facebook.com/browncountybreakdown.

Go to https://www.bikereg.com/events/regis...?eventid=12267 and get signed up today!

Weather is looking FANTASTIC for next weekend!

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...le+IN+USIN0457

Trails should be in primo condition...

We have a HUGE bike and product demo on Saturday, Oct 8. Demo participants include Giant, Trek, Felt, SRAM, SKS-Germany, Scott, Mavic and more. You can see a complete list of all the demo bikes available on the Breakdown Event FAQ website. (http://www.browncountymountainbiking...kdown/faq.html)

We have TONS of great swag to give away this year including a Garmin Edge 800, Garmin ForeRunner 610, Saris Bones RS bike rack, a complete SRAM X0 2x10 group (including shifters, front and rear derailleur, cassette, bottom bracket and cranks), a brand new Felt cruiser bike and much more. We're also raffling a 2011 Norco Judan Singlespeed Belt Drive... and we have a few other surprises up our sleeves. You are not going to want to miss this event!

Online registration closes at NOON on Friday, October 7, but you must register by tomorrow (Sept 30) to guarantee receiving your FREE 2011 event t-shirt onsite. On-site registration is available throughout the weekend for $125. Go to www.browncountybreakdown.com for all the info and a link to register!

This is it ladies... last week to register for the 7th Annual Brown County Breakdown! This is put on by the same folks that bring you the annual Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic. It's all about meeting folks, riding sweet trail, raising some money and generally having a great time on your mountain bike!

We've got a great new punishing course put together for the 100 mile riders. We've packed more trail than ever before into the Hickory Ridge "Big Loop". Out of 25 miles in the loop, only 3 miles are gravel or asphalt.

Weather and trail conditions could not be better for this weekend. We hope to see many of you ladies at the Breakdown!

www.browncountybreakdown.com

I have my volunteer assignments, and am just plain stoked about all of the good camping, riding, music, and other festivities going on this weekend! Are any other TE members attending? If so, we could have an impromptu TE mountain bike ride My assignments don't start until 3pm Saturday (and all day Sunday) so I am free for riding all day Friday and until about 2 on Saturday.
    Last edited by Catrin; 10-05-2011 at 11:01 AM.

Report: long :)

I will start off by apologizing for the length

This was an awesome weekend! Friday got TWO mountain bike rides in. Rode Pine Loop down and back to warm up for the NT Connector (well, hiked and rode - there is a steep section with big roots), and rode part of the NT Loop. Then it was off to Limekiln for my reward...and a vampire tree drew a LOT of blood. Nothing broken, didn't even hit the ground, but I had no idea that bark can be so abrasive. Arm is still swollen a bit but don't think anything will get infected. Free beer Friday night from the Backwoods Brewing Company while relaxing with old and new friends. Saturday I rode Limekiln again and had a great time.

Weather was perfect all weekend! Saturday started cool, but the sun came up and the demos all went well. Felt, Giant and Trek all had demo trucks, SRAM and a few others were also set up. Two Pedals Photography (the official photographer for all Sub-9 events) was there all weekend taking pictures and doing pre-sales for photo collections. Check out thewebsite for some of the awesome work - I can't link to it because our filter appears to think it is an alcohol related site...

My volunteer work started Saturday afternoon with a 3 hour session at the sign-in table and I had fun with that. That evening saw two great bluegrass bands and more free beer from both Upland and Flat 12. The music was still going on as I hit my cot and sleeping bag as I had a 5:15 alarm for the big day.

Sunday morning was much cooler, or it seemed that way at least. It was still pitch black at 6am when we were ready to start taking registrations and signing in pre-registered people. Shortly after dawn I was at the Hesitation Point SAG, spent much of the afternoon at the Secret Cabin SAG just outside of the Hoosier National Forest.

It was an awesome weekend with around 600 mountain bikers, perhaps more. Had a great time checking out all of the great bikes and different types of tents! I love my new tent, and I found that I like using my cot far better than the air mattress. The cot really changed how the tent worked for me and made it seem even bigger than it is. Great combination.

So it was all good, great riding, I expanding my riding horizons, and good times with new and old friends. I am already looking forward to next year...when I will ride the shortest option. That is my goal at least, and I've a long way to go but I've a year to prepare