Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

oh, and i read tour de schmalz every day of the tour. its not the tour without schmalz commentary! someone else already posted the link (nyvelocity).
    laurie

Brand New Orbea Diva | Pink | Specialized Ruby
    2005 Trek Madone Road | Pink | Ruby
    1998 Trek 5200 Road | Blue | Specialized Jett
    ???? Litespeed Catalyst Road | Silver | Terry Firefly

If you're wondering, "What's that they're waving?" Check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_o...ions_of_France

If nothing looks like what you're looking for, scroll down to the blue outlined Lists of Flags. You can search by animal, shapes, and of course country. My favorites are "special and fictional" and "unrecognized."
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

I cannot watch it the same way anymore. All I can think about is, I wonder how much they are juicing and how much Lance was juicing, though I never really doubted it. I am sure I will still enjoy it none the less.

I love the Tour, I record it and watch it over and over. I like Thor and Tyler Farrar on Team Garmin and would love it if they won.

It's different this year because I'm in a new office and no one around me is interested.
    Beth

Following the Tour -- Statistics

I'm watching the Tour as I type, on Spanish TV -- which requires incredible patience, because the commentators are really quite boring. Nevertheless, I'm very much enjoying this in lieu of siesta, especially because I used the earlier parts of the stage as inspiration for getting on the trainer . (A girl can dream).

Anyway, I thought you'd like to know that SRM is transmitting live the stats of 10 randomly chosen riders each day. Go to their main page (srm.de) and select the coverage of the Tour 2011 to see the riders who are transmitting that day.

Happy riding, and Happy Fourth of July to those of you in the US.

MuddyTrails

@MuddyTrails: That's a great link. Thank you!!

@bmccasland: That means you'll discuss more TdF in this forum, right? And you may make some converts at work... Hope your knee is steadily improving.

July is one of my favorite months of the year because of:

1. My son's birthday on the 6th
    2. My husband's birthday on the 13th
    3. the Fourth
    4. and THE TOUR de FRANCE!!!!!

I watch it religiously every July from day one until the final laps around the Champs-Élysées!!!! I started following/watching the Tour in 1999 when Lance won his first one that year.

July just isn't July without the above four events!

Oh and I am off during the summer months too. Bonus for being a library secretary in a middle school!

And did you see today's finish?! Wow Tyler Farrar was awesome. I sort of felt bad for Cavendish but oh well. And Tyler dedicated his win to his friend, Wouter Weylandt. Did you see him flash the "W" with his hands?! How great was that?! So Thor Hushovd maintains the yellow jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan126 View Post
    So Thor Hushovd maintains the yellow jersey.
    Thor SMASH!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

@pll Glad you liked the link!

Today's finish was absolutely brilliant! I'm not a big Hushovd fan, but he was quite a team player, helping Farrar win the stage. I was surprised to see JJ Rojas (Movistar) fighting it to the end. However, it was scary to see the endo by one of the riders, about 2 kms. from the finish line. Does anyone know who it was that crashed, and is he OK?

MuddyTrails

@MuddyTrails: It seems it was Samuel Dumoulin from Cofidis (I infer based on the red uniform and the fact that Phil said "Samuel something" in the recap).

I liked that Hushovd led and celebrated the win. Here's a blurry shot of Thor smiling and raising his fist as Tyler wins:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2011-07-04 at 12.35.50 PM.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	13363  

Confirmation... it was Dumoulin. He says so in Twitter: "Fall into the last corner. I am very disappointed because the team had done a great job. Fortunately no wounds but an opportunity missed."

Read on twitter about Cav & Thor being DQ'd in a sprint today. Anyone know why.

Also Johan was fined because of an unprofessional comment. USI just decided for this tour to change the seat position. A brand new rule. Didn't apply to other races and all the wind tunnel testing and training with the original seat position is thrown out the window. What gives with the UCI. Are they trying to be disliked?

~ JoAnn
    2012 Specialized Amira S-Works
    2012 Vita Elite
    2011 Specialized Dolce Elite (raffle prize) - Riva Road 155
    Ralaigh Tara Mtn Bike

I can't get any of the free video feeds to work...sniff. I did, however, get the audio daily podcast working so that is better than nothing. NEXT year I am going to get cable, even if it is only for the month of July so I can watch the TDF!

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-n-NY View Post
    What gives with the UCI. Are they trying to be disliked?

~ JoAnn
    They were "liked" before?
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/