Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I LIVE for the Tour each summer - its really one of the highlights of the season for me (which is a bit sad). I'm rooting for Andy - though secretly will always wish that Christian VandeVeld had a shot at getting on the podium, but sadly I don't think its in the cards for him.

But very excited its back on - I miss Phil Ligget and Bobke when it ends! Watching it now!

Also love that it inspires me to get on my bike whenever I watch!

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    More! We need more!
    There's an ap for that. Watching the Tour de France All Access Pass presented by Radio Shack. It'd be better on an iPad, the iPodtouch is a tiny screen but it's great to listen to Phil. This'll be great to download in the morning and listen on the train each day
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Holy cow, could NBC Sports put anymore guys on their post-race wrap-up?? They've got this new McHugh guy, Robbie Ventura, Craig Hummer, Bob, Phil, Paul, and Todd Gogolsky. All in a short span of time.

I have to say, I prefer a time trial prologue to start the race. Jumping right in with a flat stage just doesn't have the same oomph.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Hee, my Tour talk mostly includes annoying DBF by saying things like "let's see who's got access to the best shady lab" or "it's a HGH-consumption contest!"

I'm not hard-core (or patient) enough to sit and watch it. I just look up at the end and go "Oh. That's nice" and keep knitting.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I jokingly assigned teams that my animals are rooting for:

Tortilla, the manx cat obviously isn't interested in the stage unless the Manx Missile is going for the win.
    Jens, the puppy, will be rooting for Leopard Trek because Jens Voigt said he can't use his name without being a fan.
    Heidi our little white schnauzer loves Garmin-Cervelo because Thor is blond. But she is also a fan of BMC because I have told her to cheer for Big George Hincapie for years.

Me? Anybody but Contador. I didn't like him the first year he burst on to the scene, not sure why. I like Cadel a lot, seems really genuine and he gets pissed if the reporters encroach on his dog. I would like to see this be his year. We also tape Phil and Paul. You get funny soundbites "that was a cheeky move", a wine guide, a history lesson of the country and their banter with one another.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Quote Originally Posted by azfiddle View Post
    Withm,
    We could not get Versus to work on Firefox or Chrome either, but finally with Explorer.

You might try that...
    I'm using IE 8 with XP Pro and SP#3. And made sure I had Silverlight installed, but still can't get anything to come up. Except for all the Radioshack commercials at the top of the screen.

Catrin - it's only $29.95 for the month of Versus coverage on your computer. That is IF IT WORKS! Just one month - no contracts - when the tour is over so is your access.

Tonight it looks like my cable company has dropped the NBC affiliate from our coverage - which is almost enough for me to cancel the cable entirely. I live in an area where there is no TV coverage anywhere without cable. If the sun and wind are in alignment you can get one station, and sometimes a PBS station but mostly it's snow. If you want to even watch local news you have to have cable.

I wrote and complained to nbc sports. But I suspect we aren't the only ones!
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Quote Originally Posted by azfiddle View Post
    I wrote and complained to nbc sports. But I suspect we aren't the only ones!
    Please post if you get a response. Without the internet feed, nor NBC coverage I'm feeling like a fish without a bicycle. LOL!

We watched the live coverage on VS. Well actually hubby watched the whole thing, I only saw the last about hour and a half or so. We didn't see the NBC coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by withm View Post
    Catrin - it's only $29.95 for the month of Versus coverage on your computer. That is IF IT WORKS! Just one month - no contracts - when the tour is over so is your access...
    Sigh... dam*** emergency room bills...

VS is NBC.... they bought them last year.

The improvement in the high def pictures since we started watching in 1999 is incredible. While I don't sit glued to the screen for 3 hours (yesterday, I managed to see the whole thing in pieces.. a bit in the AM, some at noon, and the finish at night), I love listening to all of the details, the history, tidbits about the riders as I am going about my business in the house.

We watched part of the Giro on Universal and the video just sucked compared to the Tour. I stopped watching it on TV, and just looked at little pieces on the computer.
    Funny, even though I watched some of the spring classics, with Phil and Paul, and Bobke, it doesn't feel the same as hearing them do the Tour.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I love the Tour and day one has already proven exciting. Team time trial is beginning now. I am so glad they brought it back this year. I love watching the teams working in a group.

Has anyone else seen Fabian Cancellara's TT bike? It's the coolest bike I've ever seen.

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Sigh... dam*** emergency room bills...
    Go to the Steephill site I linked above. There is an unrestricted Versus feed and also a free feed from French TV. Just tested them and they work. Of course, it's only the live version.

Correction: the Eurosport feed works, French commentary (not the channel 2 from France).
    Last edited by pll; 07-03-2011 at 04:47 AM. Reason: correction

SO HAPPY that Garmin rocked the TTT today - I've always loved Christian and David Millar and I'm pumped they had this victor and Thor is in yellow! Yea!!!

I keep posting my Tour excitement on my FB page to crickets - none of my friends are into it and could care less. Find it so much more exciting than football or baseball.

i love love love love the tour!
    check this bike out:
    team sky's pinarello in their new kit colors.
    i am also pulling for anybody but contador.
    i like fabian and jens voigt and tom boonen and philipe gilbert and sylvain chavanel.
    have to admit i really like cavendish too (he signed my bike!!!!)
    anyway, we get up early to watch the coverage, also DVR it, also have it on all day so we catch glimpses as we cruise by.
    my whole month of july belongs to le tour!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	team sky pinarello.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	13360  
    laurie

Brand New Orbea Diva | Pink | Specialized Ruby
    2005 Trek Madone Road | Pink | Ruby
    1998 Trek 5200 Road | Blue | Specialized Jett
    ???? Litespeed Catalyst Road | Silver | Terry Firefly