Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

TdF party in Reston, VA on 7/23/11

To disable ads, please log-in.

The Bike Lane and Mon Ami Gabi will be having a Tour de France party for the final time trial on July 23 from 11:30-2:30. The party will be at Mon Ami Gabi, which is just across the street from The Bike Lane on Democracy Drive in Reston Town Center.

I went last year and it was fun, and the food was quite good. Does anyone want to go this year?

Though not (yet) Metro accessible, there is lots of free parking in Reston Town Center and of course it's bike-accessible, just off the WOD trail around mile marker 18-19 -- I can never remember which. There is bus service to the area also, though I don't know much about it (I only see Fairfax Connector buses at the big stop on Bluemont Dr.).

If anyone's interested, you can also join the weekly TBL Reston ride before the party, which starts at 9 am and averages 17-18 mph over 29 miles. The majority of the ride is on neighborhood roads on rolling terrain with a few hills. Road bikes and helmets are required; headphones not allowed.

I will not be joining their group ride since it's too fast for me, but I might be up for our own little pre-party group ride if anyone's interested. I have their cue sheet, and it's easy to shorten it to 22 or 24 miles to ensure we're done in time.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I really like Mon Ami Gabi (the Bethesda one at least). This sounds like an awesome combination. I could be interested in it for sure!

I could possibly make it. I know that's not much of a commitment, but my sister should be in town around then and I want to stay available for her.
    Specialized Ruby/Selle Italia Flow
    1991 Specialized Sirrus, steel frame
    Dahon Eco C7
    Surly Long Haul Trucker/Terry Fly RS
    Trident TWIG Recumbent

hmmmm, I should try and get my sister to come in to town that weekend with her bike and we could do this together. I'll suggest it to her this weekend.

I should say that I'm quite content to just go to the party without riding first, which is what I did last year. But if folks want to do a little ride that morning, I could be convinced.

Gone but not forgotten:

I'd be up for the ride if I'm available. I'll know closer to the date.
    Specialized Ruby/Selle Italia Flow
    1991 Specialized Sirrus, steel frame
    Dahon Eco C7
    Surly Long Haul Trucker/Terry Fly RS
    Trident TWIG Recumbent

Update: based on the super-hot weather forecast for this weekend, I will not want to do a bike ride before this party. But I am still planning to be at Mon Ami Gabi at 11:30.

I'm tentatively thinking of doing a very early ride on Sunday morning, but since it needs to be very early, I might stay closer to home and do a hill ride in north Arlington. Or maybe this would be a good day to dust off the mountain bike and go for a spin on the towpath. Not sure yet.

Gone but not forgotten: