Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Houston riders...

To disable ads, please log-in.

I may be in town this weekend visiting my family, other than Memorial Park where are some other bike friendly areas? It's weird for me to be asking considering I grew up in NW Houston, but I was into other sports at the time
    Get busy living or get busy dying..

2010 Cervelo P2-Cobb Flow Max Plus

West U is quite bike friendly, so is NW (Terry Hershey Park).
    There are several group rides during the weekends. Take a look at www.bikebarn.com under ride calendar, and at www.saturdayride.com
    There's also some groups riding on the weekends in the surrounding area, like Southwest Houston (SWCC), Pearland Cycling, and others.
    Good luck and Happy 4th of July!
    E.'s website: www.earchphoto.com

2005 Bianchi 928C L'Una RC
    2010 BMC SLX01 racemaster
    2008 BMC TT03 Time Machine
    Campy Record and SSM Aspide naked carbon on all bikes

Quote Originally Posted by TxDoc View Post
    West U is quite bike friendly, so is NW (Terry Hershey Park).
    There are several group rides during the weekends. Take a look at www.bikebarn.com under ride calendar, and at www.saturdayride.com
    There's also some groups riding on the weekends in the surrounding area, like Southwest Houston (SWCC), Pearland Cycling, and others.
    Good luck and Happy 4th of July!
    Thanks Doc! I ended up riding at Terry Hershey Park, nice area. I had a pretty crappy ride though, just couldn't get into any sort of rhythm while I was in the saddle, my gears werent shifting right, my legs seemed more fatigued than normal and mentally I was kinda checked out as well, needless to say I didn't put in many miles. I stored my bike and figured I'd try and salvage the workout and went for a run which was somewhat better than the biking but not great either. Was definitely having an off day..
    Get busy living or get busy dying..

2010 Cervelo P2-Cobb Flow Max Plus