Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have a 44cm Coda Femme for my "second" bike. I am 5' 1" with a 28.5 inseam and I think it is on the edge of actually being too small for me, although it's fine, since I don't ride it that often. A flat bar road bike would be a good transition to a real road bike. It's smooth riding, but the components are kinda low level. And, it's heavy-ish. Not over the top, but heavy compared to carbon bikes.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I'm 5' 3" and ride a Gary Fisher Marlin - that is 16 years old. I did end up having to get a different bike than all of my sisters as they are all taller. But I really love my little Marlin and am rather attached to it. Plus it is lighter than DH and DS12's bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by jordanjustgo View Post
    I have a short inseam, only about 25"...
    With this short an inseam it will be tough to find a road bike that uses larger wheels (26", 650c, 27", or 700c). Most road bikes that would fit this size inseam will be on 24" tires. Another option that hasn't been mentioned is a bike with a step through or mixte frame. Most of the new bikes in this type of frame will be heavy, maybe 30+ lbs. , so I wouldn't recommend getting a new one unless it is custom. A number of people have mentioned Terry, and Terry used to make a mixte model called Trixie. The smallest size frame on that bike is 16" with a standover height of about 23.5". In addition it uses a full size 700C wheel on the back so your gearing will be the same as on a full size bike. Unfortunately Terry doesn't make this model bike any more, and they can be difficult to find.

I would recommend contacting Georgena Terry and see what she could recommend. She is very down to earth and great to deal with. This is her email. georgena@terrybicycles.com
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-09-2011 at 08:41 AM.
    Bike Friday Petite Crusoe
    Terry Trixie
    Gary Fisher beater bike

It's now 2022. In 2022, who makes bikes for 4'10" to 5'1" females with short arms? I know Geogena Terry does custom but pricey. Also, I crashed my 1999 Georgena Terry 16" Trixie (hot pink) and am seeking to buy another one in the USA. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by amyvegan View Post
    It's now 2022. In 2022, who makes bikes for 4'10" to 5'1" females with short arms? I know Geogena Terry does custom but pricey. Also, I crashed my 1999 Georgena Terry 16" Trixie (hot pink) and am seeking to buy another one in the USA. Thanks.
    I’m looking through the forum and I know we did several deep dives into bikes for vertically challenged riders. I have a few of them myself. But those posts would be pretty outdated.

I’m 5’0” which normal wingspan for my height but teeny princess tiny hands. My road bike is full custom (and no longer available because the builder is retired). I also have and love a Salsa Vaja & Soma Buena Vista Mixte. If I was going custom today I’d look at Rodriguez or Terry 1st. Georgina is still building and sells some curated bikes used;

https://georgenaterry.com

Quote Originally Posted by Takemusu View Post
    I’m looking through the forum and I know we did several deep dives into bikes for vertically challenged riders. I have a few of them myself. But those posts would be pretty outdated.

I’m 5’0” which normal wingspan for my height but teeny princess tiny hands. My road bike is full custom (and no longer available because the builder is retired). I also have and love a Salsa Vaja & Soma Buena Vista Mixte. If I was going custom today I’d look at Rodriguez or Terry 1st. Georgina is still building and sells some curated bikes used;

https://georgenaterry.com
    This is one of our more detailed shopping threads.

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=54245

I'm of the opinion that you don't necessarily need a WSD bike. You need a YOU specific bike. That can be full custom or it can be one you've modified, adjusted to your needs. My road bike is full custom but my other bikes are stock then tweaked to meet my size and needs: shorter cranks, adjusting or replace drifters, shorter headset etc.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

You can use Scooter instead. If you want to use bikes there are lots of bikes available for short girls in the market. You can choose from them. I would love to suggest you choose from these bikes Best Bikes For Women. This will help you to select which one is suitable for you.

Quote Originally Posted by nick905 View Post
    You can use Scooter instead.
    OP doesn't want a scooter. They want a bike.

Another useful thread here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ladycyclist...shorter_woman/
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/