Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Question Best Brand of Omega 3 Fish Oil Supplement?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Good Day Chatters.
    This is my first post/thread here.
    I would like to ask what is the best brand of omega 3 fish oil supplement nowadays?
    I've decided to least down 5 of the well-known popular brands of this supplement.

- Puritan
    - Maxalife
    - Nordic Naturals
    - Renew-Life
    - Xtend-Life

Have you tried any of these 5 supplement brands of omega 3 fish oil before? If not, what's your recommended brand?

Thank you!
    I'm planning to buy an omega 3 fish oil supplement for my Mother and my Auntie

I take Nordic Naturals. They have lemon oil in them, so you don't burb fish.

I use a brand called Barlean's. I buy it at my local health food store. It too, has the lemon flavor to hide the fishy odor.
    2012 Seven Axiom SL - Specialized Ruby SL 155

I buy the cheap-@$$ sh*t from Costco.

"Kirkland" brand, 1200mg/684mg omega-3, enteric coated, 180 pills per bottle.

I don't burp fish. My cholesterol is better than all heck now.

Cheap and effective is good.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I LOVE Barleans lemon swirl flavored liquid. I "found" some at Costco, Kirkland brand, and cheaper than Barleans. Looked on the lable and guess who makes it? Barleans! It tastes just like a lemon drop and it's chocked full of good fish oils.

I'm not aware about the brand Renew-Life and Xtend-Life. I think the most popular and preferre are between Maxalife, Nordic Naturals and Puritan. But how true that Maxalife's Omega 3 Fish Oil is the purest in the world? Anyone?..

Quote Originally Posted by macopagirl View Post
    I'm not aware about the brand Renew-Life and Xtend-Life. I think the most popular and preferre are between Maxalife, Nordic Naturals and Puritan. But how true that Maxalife's Omega 3 Fish Oil is the purest in the world? Anyone?..
    My acupuncturist recommended Nordic Naturals to me. She's very picky about what supplements she will use.

I use a brand called Carlson's. I love it and take about three gel capsules every night to help with nightly upset stomach/gas (taken along with a heaping amount of water).

Here's a really good article by the Weston A Price Foundation about Cod Liver Oil & Fish Oil, along with brand recommendations: http://www.westonaprice.org/cod-live...ver-oil-basics
    1969 Raleigh Ladies Sports (commuter/around-town)
    1988 Schwinn Voyageur (touring)

Barleans omega swirl. It's fkax seed not fish, and it's strawberry flavored. So good.
    Last edited by skywalkerbeth; 08-10-2011 at 03:07 AM.

I use Wholemega from New Chapter. I also take their Every Woman's One daily, and I must say I rarely ever get sick now. As for the wholemega, it's easy on the stomach, no burps, and I've noticed that my PMS was almost imperceptible this month (I've been doing the wholemega for about 3 weeks). I don't think it's a coincidence.

Udo's Choice is vegetarian, it was recommended to me by my sister the acupuncture doctor, I seem to do well with it when I need that extra anti-inflammatory boost, AND it tastes good. I can put it right on cereals and salads.

Generally though I try to get as much of my nutrition from food as I can. Calcium and magnesium are the main things I sweat out way too much to keep up naturally, so I do supplement those on a maintenance basis. For healthy fats, I have nuts almost every day, I love berries and eat them by the bucket when they're in season, an occasional avocado, plenty of leafy greens.

Also make sure you're not getting too much omega-6 from industrially raised animal products. If you do eat terrestrial animal products (I do), limit yourself to pasture finished meat, dairy and eggs. Often an imbalance in nutrients creates an artificial deficiency, and what you need isn't more of one thing, it's less of another. (Yeah it's expensive. Meat should be a treat, not a staple. And you might think about *why* industrially raised meats are so cheap, and that's as big a disincentive as anyone needs. )
    Last edited by OakLeaf; 08-10-2011 at 04:24 AM.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Country Life Omega 3 mood

I take Country Life Omega 3 Mood-- supposedly with this one you get the benefits of the Omega 3s, and a natural anti-depressant. I don't know if it actually works, but I don't burp fish oil. I get it from Amazon.com

I prefer the vegetarian flaxseed oil pills for my Omega 3/6 dose. I think I have the Udo's brand, but I usually just look for a vegetarian option that meets my needs. No fish burps!