Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

To disable ads, please log-in.

Well, I went and got some of those soft cups, and they don't seem to be working for me. I don't have any issue getting them in - and after some effort, I can get it out. But it isn't "sealing" in me, and leaks. I read that the Diva comes in sizes, so perhaps I need to try that. Soft cups say that the most common reason for failure of them is that they could be too big for you, so I'm willing to give the Diva a try even though it's kind of expensive. I did shorten the string on the tampon as suggested, and that worked well - no issues once I did that!! Great suggestion.

On that note, if anyone is using Soft cups, and wants a box (I only used a few), if you're in the Denver Metro area I can give them to you. Just PM me
    Jenn K
    Centennial, CO
    Love my Fuji!

I've wanted to try this, but our IC won't cover this under any circumstances, so I'm afraid I'd hate it and be out $500. I don't generally do well with hormonal stuff, anyhow. Even the Nuvaring gave me unpleasant side-effects (primarily ZERO libido).
    I had trouble with every hormonal birth control I tried until Mirena, so far (3 years) it's worked for me, and I tried every pill, and Nuvaring. I get the occasional short light period. But the best part is not having to worry about birth control for five freakin years. It may be worth a shot, my ob/gyn said everyone in her office had one!
    "I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel...the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." Susan B Anthony

Jenn,
    I tried those cups, and they didn't work for me either. I have a tipped uterus, and think that might be why. I also tried a Diva cup, but it's really stiff, and I removed the stem. I had much better luck with a Lady cup, it's soooo much easier to use. It's softer, and easier to get the fold right. I bought it from ebay. There is a bit of a learning curve, but now I'd never go back to just tampons. There's a whole informative thread on menstrual cups at live journal. I hope this isn't TMI.
    http://menstrualcups.org/