Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Wow! BTWD in Colorado

To disable ads, please log-in.

I finally rode to work this morning in honor of Bike To Work Day here in Colorado. I had just been riding home and far less often than I had hoped. It was gorgeous and WOW when I logged my distance, 25 miles one way, I became #3 on the Hall of Fame. I know it won't last but at the moment I feel like a hero.

Hope you all are having a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by 628BJ View Post
    I finally rode to work this morning in honor of Bike To Work Day here in Colorado. I had just been riding home and far less often than I had hoped. It was gorgeous and WOW when I logged my distance, 25 miles one way, I became #3 on the Hall of Fame. I know it won't last but at the moment I feel like a hero.

Hope you all are having a great day!
    That's fantastic! Congratulations!!!!!!!!
    200x Electra Townie 24D/Brooks B67

Congrats Gail!

And I envy you your better weather! Over 100 degrees here in FL today, and you know it's humid.

And, now, have a great weekend!
    Holly

2012 Co-Motion Rohloff Cascadia
    2011 Thorn Raven Tour
    1996 Trek 2120
    Bike Friday NWT #784
    SatRday (Bike Friday 'bent) #6111
    1986 Cannondale

It was strange to see so many people out on their bikes today. I have been riding for the past couple of months. I find it enjoyable riding in, it is so quiet and peaceful (I ride in around 5am) Congrats to everyone that rode in today.

I participated also! My ride in on the South PLatte trial was awesome; lots of people out. The ride home (up Lowell to Westminster) was a little toasty!!! It was my last ride before doing the MS150 this weekend. I guess sharing the trail and grabbing snacks at the REI stop with so many other cyclists was a good warm up for what's to come.

Good job everyone that rode!

Congrats to all who rode. Estimates on no. of riders was 30,000. So, yes, it was crowded this morning. I rode the Bear Creek and S. Platte this afternoon, before everyone got off work, and it was pretty peaceful.

I'm not riding this week but my bike is on loan to a visiting sibling.

Any of you guys ride in Lakewood? I can't find any info on the Garrison Street closure and don't particularly want to be stuck on the Kipling bike path until August Is it closed to bikes? Is it really closed yet? What agency would be in charge of that?

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

I heard the bike route will be open during construction. I'll double check and let you know.

Update: The construction is sewer work in front of the school. N/S bound bike lanes are on east side of the street. It is open and Lakewood traffic engineering said their plans are to keep it open the entire time.
    Last edited by Kathi; 06-23-2011 at 02:10 PM.