Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Team LUNA Chix Mountain Bike Skills Clinic with Jimena Florit Dolzadelli

To disable ads, please log-in.

Join Team LUNA Chix NY Mountain Bike for a Women's Only Mountain Bike Skills Clinic
    with Jimena Florit Dolzadelli (see attached flyer)

Date: Saturday, June 25, 2011
    Time: 8:30am-3:00pm
    Cost: $50 (advance) / $55 (day of) which includes a goodie bag and raffle ticket
    All proceeds will be donated to the Breast Cancer Fund

Space is limited to 15 ladies so please reserve your spot by pre-registering at one of our weekly mountain bike rides, on www.bikereg.com or by emailing us right away.

The event will consist of 3+ hours of small group (15 women only) on the trail instruction, lunch and an afternoon group ride to test out your new skills. Each participant will receive a goody bag and raffle ticket for some great prizes. Additional raffle tickets may be purchased on site as well. Registration is just $50 prior to the event or $55 the day of the event and is limited to the first fifteen participants. All proceeds from the event will be donated to the Breast Cancer Fund.

This woman's only clinic will take your riding to the next level, providing the knowledge, confidence and skills you'll need to conquer those on-the-trail obstacles including log crossings, bridges, skinnies, roots, cornering, climbing and descending switchbacks and much more!

If you have any questions, please contact us at nylunachix@yahoo.com
    This is a truly special opportunity so don't miss out. We hope to see you there!

Theresa, Maddie, Samantha, Tammy, Stephanie and Diana
    Team LUNA Chix New York Mountain Bike
    http://www.teamlunachix.com/saratoga_mountain_bike

I really learned a lot

I attended this clinic -- my first mtb event, with the goal of learning skills for a safe approach to mountain biking, and build my confidence on the trails. Led by Theresa, the Luna Chix team was in attendance to participate and assist. Jimena was wonderful -- she ran us through a number of basic skills and drills, then led the trail ride. We did everything from controlled stops and stands, to various body control techniques, lifting wheels front and back, and doing little drops. Jimena was very attentive to each participant and gave us a lot of one to one coaching. My biggest challenge so far has been handling downhill -- I really need to build skills there. My best take-away from the clinic was learning how to go downhill by pulling myself behind the seat of the bike and riding low from behind the seat to avoid tumbling over the handlebars on steep downhills. I practiced this quite a bit and had fun with it. The advanced technical trail we did as a group was quite a bit above my skill level -- I decided that I need a lot more practice before I'm ready to take that type of trail again (steep narrow singletrack, very curvy, lots of large trees, roots, and jutting rocks -- all filled with mud due to our very wet weather, lately).

The downside was that one of the participants took a tumble at the very end and hurt her wrist. We weren't sure how serious it was, so a group of us got her to the urgent care clinic, and stayed until we made sure everything was OK. All's well that ends well -- it is just bruising, no breaks, and she'll be just fine.
    --Nick
    2012 Santa Cruz Juliana R xc (blue)
    Vintage Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo 24 speed (red)

Nice report, Nick. Sounds like you gained a lot of new skills. I'm jealous that the best MTB clinics seem to be offered so far east of Colorado in spite of the fact that our state is one of the mountain bike capitols of the world.

Ride fun & safe!
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB
    Updated Vintage Terry Symmetry / Bontrager InForm RL WSD

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Nice report, Nick. Sounds like you gained a lot of new skills. I'm jealous that the best MTB clinics seem to be offered so far east of Colorado in spite of the fact that our state is one of the mountain bike capitols of the world.

Ride fun & safe!
    Shoot, Gene Hamilton who is one of the best, is out of Morrison CO. Better Ride clinics, look him up.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Irulan View Post
    Shoot, Gene Hamilton who is one of the best, is out of Morrison CO. Better Ride clinics, look him up.
    Found him. Thanks for the heads-up!
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB
    Updated Vintage Terry Symmetry / Bontrager InForm RL WSD

Mountain Biking in the Northeast

Ride fun & safe!
    Thanks! I was thrilled to see just how many mtb events and clinics we have in the state of New York and adjacent states. Vermont has several specialty clinics as well. Colorado wins in the weather department, though. So far this year we have had so few "bikable" days due to extremely rainy weather (nonstop downpours). We have such a short season as it is. That may be why we try to cram as many events as possible into the available biking months .
    --Nick
    2012 Santa Cruz Juliana R xc (blue)
    Vintage Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo 24 speed (red)

Ride fun & safe!
    Last year when I was in Golden for biz, I saw a sign for a Women, Wheels and Wine thing. Looked kinda cool MTB clinic for women at a nice spa/resort. Folks could go just for the day. The Yeti/ Yeti Beti group puts on. Looks like this year's is in August. I would love to do it some day (even better if I could perfectly place a biz trip back out to Golden )

Here's a link
    Kim

Specialized Dolce Sport Compact (roadie)
    Specialized Ariel Sport Disc (commuter)
    Trek GF X-Caliber WSD (mtb)
    "Sally" Schwinn Mesa Runner (steel, old, old stand-by)

My blog - this, that, travel, garden, bikes, fitness, family, whatever

From Luna Chics to Dirt Chics. Here's a documentary about another women's MTB team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GBr...ature=youtu.be
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Anyone going to the Roam Fest this year? https://www.roamfest.com
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya