Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: coping skills

To disable ads, please log-in.

((((((((red))))))))

What a wonderful memory you were able to make at the best possible time. May the memory of that day lighten your grief.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Wow, a very powerful post, based on where you were when this thread started. My condolences to you, and glad that you and your father were able to share those moments together and that it was a good simple day. Those can be the best. This seems to be happening to you lately...making choices that have a turn for the good. (as in the pizza box escapade, uncover crime spree, people get their stolen property back, perps arrested). But this one must really fill your heart.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    I'm sorry for the loss of your father, redhodie. So glad you spent a great day together with him.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.

So sorry for your loss. I missed this thread last month; I'm glad you got some quality time with your dad while you had the chance.
    2014 Bobbin Bramble / Brooks B67
    2008 Rodriguez Rainier Mirage / Terry Butterfly Tri Gel
    2007 Dahon Speed Pro TT / Biologic Velvet
    1998? GT Rebound / Serfas Gel

Just heading out for a nice ride before it gets hot. I will laugh, smile and enjoy all the beauty around and think of you and your father. Later I will drive to the assisted living and give my father a big hug. Thank you for sharing, you are an amazing woman.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Thank you all so much, everyone. Feeling emotionally good today, but physically drained. I'm resting up, and going for ice cream later in Ernie's honor, and you should, too ( if you want an excuse for ice cream). He'd get a kick out of that.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Red, I'm glad you had that last perfect day with your dad. Like Indy, you had me in tears...but smiling too. (((((hugs)))))

Red, DH and I are going for ice cream now. We'll think you and Ernie. Lota of hugs to you.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Thinking of you - new to the forum and I know that I don't know you, so I hope you don't mind me posting, but your post struck a nerve with me too. Enjoy your ice cream, what a great way to honor your dad.

I called my mother on her last birthday and it didn't really strike me until I was telling my then-boyfriend (now husband) about it what a special conversation it had been. She died unexpectedly about two months later and somehow all the things we'd talked about and the uncharacteristic things she'd said made sense - not that she knew was going to die but just in the funny way that life can play out I guess. I think because of that conversation I had an easier time with my mom's death than my siblings did. It has been a few years since she died but every so often she's very much alive in my dreams. I was touched by your story about your father and hope the good times you had with him continue to provide comfort.

So sorry for your loss, RR. What a wonderful, touching post.
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

Another follow up to this emotional thread.

My father called me in a dream last week, as in, we were speaking on the phone, so I only heard him. He said he was in a good place, and it was really nice there. He actually said it was "awesome". He told me he was getting ready to go to the next place, that he was really excited about it, but he couldn't tell me more, and he already told me too much. He also said not to worry too much, because everything you do that you feel guilty about is forgiven, and that that is really cool. He made the forgiveness sound very beautiful. He sounded really good. He sounded young.

Anyway, dream or something more, it was pretty great.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Wow, red. What an amazing dream/vision. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler