Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Live for Liv Ride

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am doing this ride on 7/24. It is in memory of a Westford teen who was killed by her father in a domestic violence incident. Her mom was injured, as well. Proceeds go to the Domestic Violence Services Network, which supports free counseling and other services for victims of intimate partner violence in Middlesex County.
    The ride is 23 miles and is on roads familiar to most of you. It starts at the 4-H Grounds in Westford and there is a lunch afterwards. There are no fund raising requirements, just a 37.00 registration fee.
    I plan to ride there from my house, as it's not too far, for a warm up.

http://www.liveforliv.com/
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Thanks for sharing this. I will probably be there.
    "By perseverance the snail reached the ark."

We did the ride.
    It was well organized and the food was good.
    Only about 30-40 people did the 23 mile ride, but a lot of people did the 6 mile family ride. The people on the longer ride were not very savvy about following a cue sheet. They kept making wrong turns, and riding up to me and DH and saying, "Are you on the ride? We'll follow you." A few got overly ambitious, so DH went up front and reigned them in. One woman took a particularly nasty fall on the S curve on Strawberry Hill; she obviously didn't realize she had to shift down. All in all, it was fun, but since it was essentially in my neighborhood, not sure I will do it again.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport