Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Shimano 7900 C50 Wheels

To disable ads, please log-in.

Wow!

I've got two rides in on these wheels now.

Today's ride was my regular Saturday brick route. It's quite windy here today, steady wind in the high teens with gusts into the 20s. These wheels are astonishing into the wind on flat roads. When I'm doing a brick I deliberately don't go too hard, which means if my legs start to burn, I back off. I was easily doing 22+ mph on the flat, into a headwind today and I do mean easily. It was so cool!

In a crosswind, the wheels are really twitchy. I stood to climb up a small hill and it felt like the rear was fishtailing. Well that's a bit of an exaggeration, but not much.

Getting a drink when a sudden gust blew up... was interesting. It felt like I got blown a foot or so across the road. Fortunately, I was on a road closed to traffic.

I have done this ride three minutes faster, with no wind and more effort while riding the Fulcrums and less time at the lights. I'm pretty happy with the speed I had today given the conditions and the twitchiness is manageable.

I'm getting excited about riding these for my HIM. It's a fairly flat N-S course with winds tending to come from the north. If all goes as planned, I should rock the bike.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Sounds like fun. I understand they are carbon wheels. Did you have to change the break pads or any other changes?

No, they have a an aluminum braking surface.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com