Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lululemon

Lululemon

To disable ads, please log-in.

Is anyone else here a Lululemon addict? I went in there for a $12 headband and found a running skirt on markdown....end result was $50 instead of the $12 I walked in there intending to spend!

Anyway, they just came out with a cycling jersey, which is very flattering and very lightweight and slightly longer than most jerseys I've found. Unfortunately it's only in black or white right now and it's only in stores. I haven't seen it on the website, but if you're a Lulu addict, check it out.
    Jen

No, because nothing there fits me. The clothes are made for people over 5' 5", not us shorties. I went in one of their stores once, tried on a bunch of stuff and none of it fit or even was flattering.
    I'll stick to cycling manufacturers for cycling clothes and Athleta for my running, yoga, and hiking stuff, because they make petite sizes.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I have a few of their yoga tops. Nice material, bad fit. One of them is really long. I don't need a yoga top to cover my butt. It's not an area I want to highlight necessarily and it makes me look even shorter. The other yoga top won't stay put over my rather small chest. I dunno; I'm just not impressed, especially for the price.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I have never heard of this place. I did a quick search. We have a store here, apparently. It's in Hyde Park (old money neighborhood)...that seems to explain a lot.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    I don't look specifically at yoga-oriented clothing. But was shocked at the pricing. Don't know how they stayed alive this long when many other competitors.

They are Canadian.
    Made press recently because their stock is sliding.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    I don't look specifically at yoga-oriented clothing. But was shocked at the pricing. Don't know how they stayed alive this long when many other competitors.

They are Canadian.
    Made press recently because their stock is sliding.
    When DH and I were in Chicago this past March, I noticed Lululemon stores every few blocks. We went into one of them, and while I got friendly service, the store kind of turned me off. I love yoga and want it to be accessible to more people, but the overt commercialization of it turns me off. I realize there is lots of money to be made on yoga and yoga-inspired clothes, but I think I'll stick to just buying stuff online so it's not quite so in my face.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

That's exactly how I felt.
    Believe me, I like nice yoga clothes (or any clothes), but something just turned me off about this place.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I went in looking for capri shorts. At my height most just look like high water pants on me Right now I'm wearing board shorts, I got at Title9, they look like capri length on me.

The sales person said if I find a pair I like they will shorten the hem for me, no extra charge I like that emphasis on service.

Still I prefer Title9 for athletic and other gear .... and TE of course
    Last edited by Trek420; 06-10-2011 at 05:55 AM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I'm a Lucy fan for yoga gear. Mostly b/c they have an outlet store in Williamsburg, VA that has some super awesome deals. I'm pretty thin, but I'd have to weigh about 25 pounds less to look "good" in Lululemon.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Wow! I'm surprised so many people dislike the brand here. I don't wear it for yoga, I wear the clothes for CrossFit and running, but I find them to be very flattering and well constructed. I don't mind paying for quality and after trying the workout clothes at Target, JC Penney, Nike, etc, I found I'd rather have a smaller wardrobe of better items. And at five feet tall, it's nice to shop at a place that does the hemming for me.

Jessmarimba, I also like Lucy!

But I get that any brand can be less than ideal for a certain body. JC Penney has a very cute line of workout clothing - can't think of the name right now - but the clothes just don't fit me at all, no matter which size or style I try.
    Jen

I just purchased a Lululemon long underwear top. I am looking forward to using it in the colder weather. It is supposed to fit pretty tightly. I am hoping it will really wick the sweat so I don't get cold. Very reasonably priced when you look at Icebreaker (which I love) and Ibex.

I will give feedback when I get a few rides in.
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1
    Bacchetta Cafe Mountain Bent

Not a fan of Lulu either. They don't seem to have large enough sizes for me (12-14), at least the last time I shopped there a couple years ago.

I LOVE Title Nine! Looking through their catalog is like Christmas for me. Their clothes are well made and fit well.
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

I've never bought anything from them, but I'm a fan of them now.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/team...ad-womens-team

I tried on some of their sports bras a few months ago. They didn't have any that worked for me, but that's because most sports bras don't fit me right. The people who worked there were very helpful.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Last Spring there was this news story of an employee getting murdered in a Lululemon store near here. The more the details came out, the more bizarre it became . So I just think of Lululemon (which I always want to call Lulumon) as "twisted employee murder store." I've never shopped there...and gosh, I don't think I ever will!
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Quote Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
    Last Spring there was this news story of an employee getting murdered in a Lululemon store near here. The more the details came out, the more bizarre it became . So I just think of Lululemon (which I always want to call Lulumon) as "twisted employee murder store." I've never shopped there...and gosh, I don't think I ever will!
    I always thought of it as "lulumon" too! Until the news broke of that murder and I heard them pronounce it on the tv news.

There's a store in Tysons Corner, which is the mall I shop at most often. They used to collect bottle caps for recycling, which I thought was nice, though I never remembered to bring my bottle caps to them.

I got over the "someone was killed here" thing after the DC snipers killed a woman at the Seven Corners Home Depot, which is a few miles from here. I fell asleep that night listening to all the sirens out on Rt 7. It was a horrible thing and I was very moved the first time I went there after it happened. I rarely shop there, but that's because there are other Home Depots nearby with less traffic and parking lots that are easier to navigate.

I think they installed a stained glass window at the Bethesda lululemon store in honor of the woman who was killed.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles