Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lululemon

To disable ads, please log-in.

I too, was pretty freaked out about what happened at the Bethesda store. (That is my closest store.) but my addiction got the best of me. Now I mainly try to stay away as I always walk out having spent silly sums of money.

I have to admit I'm not super crazy about their new cycling kit, though I had been clamoring for them to make "real" cycling gear. No offense to anyone who likes it - it's just a little too loud for my taste and I don't want to be a walking advertisement for Specialized.

I wish they'd come out with some high quality understated pretty jerseys that are not so logo-ed out.
    Leah
    www.tinycircles.wordpress.com
    2012 Trek Madone 5.2 WSD C
    2009 Surly LHT
    "I thought of that while riding my bicycle."
    ~ Albert Einstein on the Theory of Relativity

I'm past caring about branding. I wear Uggs in winter because they keep my feet warm and fit better than similar boots made by other companies. If lululemon had a tank top that fit me, I would have bought it, despite the high price.

I do appreciate their sponsorship of the Specialized-lululemon cycling team.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Eh, St. Louis is the kind of place where it really is like a clone hoard at times when it comes to trends and they stick for years and years. I'm not arguing that there aren't legitimate reasons to like and wear these products, but personally I avoid buying the status symbols that my students are all clamoring to sport each day.
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Quote Originally Posted by Reesha View Post
    The ladies (and even some of the gents) that I teach are all little Lululemon clones. I'll stick with Patagonia for high end general athleticwear because it's great and doesn't have the same super-ubiquitous branding. LLL is definitely a status symbol at school no different from Uggs, Sperrys, Northface etc etc.
    Patagonia is my favorite, as well. For the most part, the clothes are cut for more athletic body types. Reading the reviews on the website lets you steer away from items that wouldn't work for you.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Lulumon is based in Vancouver area.

I did visit one of their outlets. And couldn't justify plunking down the bucks when I could go elsewhere to get similar stuff with a different brand.

Not that I need tanks, pants or shorts like lulumon anyway. So I'm pretty boring.

I like pantagonia but find their stuff expensive. I did buy a winter jacket that they made, even though the price tag made me blanch abit. I don't regret the decision since its usefulness was proven especially when snowshoeing on some very cold winter days ! But normally I do start to look a lower price brands..and their features first.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.

Not a fan. Grossly overpriced. Gap Body is produced in the same factory and cost 1/2 of what Lulu charges. No petites. I have an Altheta, Lucy and Gap here and buy petites off the rack--for a lot less than Lulu. Even if I could find a pair of pants to fit at Lulu, they expect me to come back in 3 to 5 days so they can hem them.
    Why would I make two trips to their store for a regular size when I can go to the competition and get an actual petite in one trip?

I workout 5-6 days a week; run and cycle. My workout clothes take a beating--what I've purchased at the other stores have held up extremely well. Can't say the same about Lulu; several of my personal trainer's clients gave her gift certificates for workout clothes this Christmas because we were tired of seeing the poor woman in Lulu's with holes--expensive as heck, yet doesn't hold up.

I looooooooove GapBody. They carry a pretty good selection at a store on my way home from work so I catch some pretty good clearance and sale prices there, too. Although I have to laugh at the sizing compared to normal Gap clothes. My butt/thighs require much larger sizes on the bottom than I expected, lest I end up with see-through pants during forward fold.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Not that I would ever buy it, but what does the LLL cycling jersey look like? I couldn't find it on the website.

Never mind, found it. Dunno looks a little too butch.

Red face omg drool

I didn't really see the point in lululemon because they don't really seem to make much in the way of cycling clothes.. BUT TODAY! they posted all sorts of new stuff especially for cycling. DROOL:

http://shop.lululemon.com/products/c...atId=cat230013 - polka dot purple jersey!!

http://shop.lululemon.com/products/c...atId=cat230013 - i would get this in yellow- i wonder how actually wearable this would be on a ride or if I would overheat quickly...

http://shop.lululemon.com/products/c...atId=cat230013 some nice long shorts too.

I might make that jacket/shirt my present to myself once i get from an obese to just overweight BMI. 11lb to go.
    2011 Marin Seadrift Step-Thru Hybrid Size 17W
    2011 Giant Avail 1 Size S
    # times fallen since getting clipless pedals: 11 (updated every time i fall)

Meh. The proportions on those cycling items just seem off to me. Although their yoga tops are too long for my tastes and body, I can at least understand wanting a longer yoga top. But I don't really need or want my cycling jersyes to hit me mid to low hip. Nor did I want whatever I put in my jersey pockts to rest that low. And what's up with the length of the jersey's sleeve? It looks like it just bunches and binds around the arm pit. That doesn't look comfy. Finally, the length of those shorts is also just weird IMO.

Sorry; I realize that it's all a question of personal taste, but I feel like they're going out of their way to be different and I'm not sure those differences serve a utilitarian purpose.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

You make some good points- especially the pocket thing. I usually wear capris because I don't like shorts to be short lol so I like the length. Also, I have a long torso so I appreciate long tops though maybe they should have put the pockets higher.. I dont know how useful those zip pockets in the front would be though, I feel like they're in an awkward spot right where you bend your hips though Ill probably still end up buying it! haha.
    2011 Marin Seadrift Step-Thru Hybrid Size 17W
    2011 Giant Avail 1 Size S
    # times fallen since getting clipless pedals: 11 (updated every time i fall)

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    The polka dot purple-white top is cute.

But most of the time, I do not wear tight tops when I cycle. It's just me. (No I don't wear tight tank tops, etc. either when cycling.)

I just find it cooler to wear a bit looser jersey tops when I bike in the summer. Perspiration wicks away more easily if fabric isn't wrapped snugly around my abdomen. It's enough that my shorts are form fitting around my bottom and waistband when it's 100% humidity.

I can see some women liking the top for something slightly different if they aren't cycling a long distance. ie. a half hr. or 1 hr. easy cycle somewhere
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.

The jersey length looks like it might be fine on me, but it's hard to tell. The sleeves do look weird though, like they would chafe right at the front of the armpit. Maybe the sleeveless one would work better, though?

And the presta skirt...hahahaha I'd look like a peacock with that thing on. The last thing I want to do is hide a padded behind with lots of ruffles and extra volume!!

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

They describe the length of the jersey as butt covering, which is why I'm assuming it's pretty long, maybe even for the long-torsoed. Most of my jerseys hit me at the top of my hip. I have a new Terry sleeveless halter top that fits longer and it's not flattering on me thanks to some curvier proportions. But even it doesn't cover my butt.

Of course, it's a matter of personal preference.....
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher