Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Any obvious omissions from this list?
    Can opener.

Lots of stuff that doesn't need cooking comes in cans. These days you can almost always grab a free plastic spoon or fork at the grocery store, but you'd have to buy a can opener.

Don't know which campgrounds you'll be in but typically cyclist return from their rides and everyone wants to shower at the same time. That equals cold water. 1 trick is to find another camp ground in the park that doesn't have cyclists, nice warm water. Or, shower late or early.

Hopefully, they'll have shower trucks which will provide plenty of hot water.

If you're camped by the pool plan on cold water.

Here is a good checklist I found....I always look online for these because I like to cross things off lists

http://www.lovetheoutdoors.com/camping/checklists.htm
    2012 Trek Lexa SL
    2012 Giant TCX2
    2015 Trek Remedy 7
    2016 Trek Lexa C
    2016 Specialized Hellga-Fat Bike

Get one of the old Swiss Army mountain bike knives:

http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys...9/product.html

(never leave home without a cork screw ).

Quote Originally Posted by laura* View Post
    Can opener.

Lots of stuff that doesn't need cooking comes in cans. These days you can almost always grab a free plastic spoon or fork at the grocery store, but you'd have to buy a can opener.
    PS: actually in stock through Amazon! About to get one myself.
    Last edited by pll; 06-10-2011 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Add PS

Definitely prepare as much of your food ahead of time as possible. For example, if you are making sandwhiches, do the bread, mustard or mayo, meat together. Cut up vegetables ahead and put in a separate container. If you assemble too early, the sandwhich gets soggy. Also, can't make sandwhiches too far ahead of time, no more than a day or so.

But things like vegetables and fruit, wash and cut up ahead of time if possible. Try to use hardier fruits/vegetables and not too soft or mushy. It gets messy and for the weekend, it's worth it. Remember, you will not have the convenience of a sink, stovetop, countertops, etc to cook and clean up. This is the time I do make use of plastic bags and disposable stuff. Especially if I don't know for certain that I will have good access, time and energy to wash stuff.

Have fun!

dt

That's a pretty good checklist but here's a newer one that also can some essential camping skills along with it. https://www.smartcamper.eco/camping-...sentials-list/

If you are thinking of a long trip, then you need to think about how you will prepare food. If you have enough space in the car, you can take a generator Wen, which will be a source of electricity for you, and you can cook, charge phones, and more. It is better to look for a camp site in advance so that there are no difficulties.