Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Dusk Till Dawn 2011

To disable ads, please log-in.

Girlfriend and I are gunning for this as our final big race in 2011, since we haven't raced a 12 hour solo all year long. Can anyone give us very much appreciated advice and information on what the riding's like, the things we need to be prepared for, what the trail is like...just about anything you might think two girls who have only ridden in Malaysia and Singapore would need to know?

Oh yeah and according to some of the guys we ride with, there are...snakes? That can kill us? What do we do??
    "My school is the doubt in your eyes." - Tito Mukhopadhyay

snakes

Hey

You're in luck dear...we're on the organizing team & I can tell ya it's gonna be fun! My dear is organizing the track so i'll be able to tell you a bit later on how long it'll be. It's normally around 10-12km.

First...we don't have much in the way of traction with the pea gravel in western australia. If you can come down a few months before for a weekend, we can show you what we ride on..

Second, you won't encounter snakes at the 12hr..just kangaroos, scorpions, rabbits and some birds. The snakes will be frightened off by all the people.

I'd offer you a spare room but our friends are getting married the day before the 12hr & one of thier kiwi family members is staying with us..

However, i might be able to find you a place

Hey! Oh AWESOME. I've heard about the infamous pea gravel, will try my best to get down for a ride but not holding my breath considering the school term and all. We're thinking of getting a hotel as close to the park as we can, from previous 12 hour experience. Erm, do scorpions jump up and sting or anything? I've never really appreciated how wonderfully wildlife-free Singapore trails are until now... :s

hotels

I can always ask around to see if someone can billet you before the race. You can always put a post up on the PMBC board http://www.perthmtb.asn.au
    I can ask our crew if they have an extra room.

There's not much in the way of b &b's etc in Jarrahdale that i can suggest. Try www.westernaustralia.com/. I think there's a B & B down the road from the trail..not sure..

If you're free in mid october, you could come for the last 2 days of the Cape to Cape..I'm doing the first two...http://capetocapemtb.com/

Scorpions don't jump up at you but they do sting.

Do you want to do it on a four person team? I'm looking to do it again but on a team and looking for a few more folks

Oooh,that's really helpful, thanks. We'll check around for a place nearby to stay and see what comes up.

Hmm, there MIGHT be a holiday in mid-October, gotta check and see. We've only got three days tops to be there before November because of...work. *facepalm*

We're planning on doing solos. But if its too much for us, we'll look at a team.