Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho

Smile Sleeveless in Salt Lake

To disable ads, please log-in.

'Kay, watch this! A post in my new "home region". Based on the map, it looks like I may be pretty lonely, but it's worth a shot.

It was 75 F today! I rode in a sleeveless jersey! The wind was blowing the leaves all around so I felt like I was riding in one of those money machines 'cept it was leaves. People were smiley and happy! I explored a neighborhood I hadn't been in as the area I was going to ride in (City Creek Canyon) was closed to bikes (because of hunting season). I got some good hill climbs in and found a bunch of access points for the Bonneville Shoreline Trail, which I will explore once I have my new mtb.

I know this is "unseasonably warm" but I figgered I'd better take advantage of it (whilst I wait for it to start snowing...any day now...).

Hey, no fair! That's nicer than it is here in Sacratomatoland!
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Hey! What are you doing in "Southwest"???

Ahhhh...but the storm clouds are a-brewing. I saw some disturbance over the mountains. Big fluffy white things with flat bottoms.

Still nothing to get excited about snow-wise anyhow. And if the weather holds out I may get to ride my *new* bike this weekend.

OOOOOOO- so fast???!!! Wow, now you have to post pics! Or send 'em here and I will.

Yellow's expecting, folks!!!
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

wow - this is an "expecting" I wouldn't mind catching!! and 75??!! Holy Cow don't let Surly see that!! It's only going to be 68 here today - gee what a cold front!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

*gasp* i wear long sleeves or arm warmers (and leg warmers) when it's only 75! (but then i ride in 120+ all summer!!!!! it's all about climate!)

cali...you must be a sweet younger thing. The older I get, the lower the temperature I prefer. 75 is just about puuuurfect for me. I figure in another 10 years I won't want to put arm warmers on and wear knickers if it's warmer than 55! I can't stand being overheated. I only wear full tights if it's around freezing (yes, 32 F). I recall one day last year when I was out backcountry skiing in a snowstorm and was in my tshirt because I was overheating so much. And to think I used to lie in the sun and bake for hoooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuurs.

Oh! And by the way, the weather has changed dramatically and it's supposed to start raining (and maybe snowing??? !!! ) this weekend.

i've always been like this! cold when everyone else is warm! i use my space heater in my office... all year long! yes... even in the summer when it's sweltering outside! the best thing we ever got was heated seats and dual climate control in my car! woo hoo! now if i want... i just turn my seat on! (and i have a nice soft blanky in the car!) speaking of that blanky..... i ALWAYS ALWAYS take it in the movies! that and my "popcorn" jacket! (that stays in the car too! it's just a grey hoodie... but i don't care if i spill popcorn (greasy) on it! i get all snuggly in my jacket and wrap my blanky around my legs...

SNOW! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR i actually hope it snows here once this year... i REALLY want to go ride my mtb in the snow! (all bundled up, of course!)

Quote Originally Posted by yellow
    cali...you must be a sweet younger thing. The older I get, the lower the temperature I prefer. 75 is just about puuuurfect for me.
    Gads, how true! After I got back from Maui, I remarked to my Mom that I didn't remember it being so hot when I was there last. She says "You've never been 48 years old in Hawaii before...."