Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Ebay charges

Ebay charges

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've been cleaning out my closets and selling a few items on Ebay. I did the same thing several years ago, but they've changed quite a bit since then.
    I just noticed they charge a fee for your postage charges! I find that a bit ridiculous. I don't mind the percentage they take for listing and selling items. That seems fair, but to charge for whatever postage you list, which you don't make a profit off of and just goes directly to the post office...does anyone else find that a bit irritating?
    Jen

Quote Originally Posted by Jen12 View Post
    ?.. they charge a fee for your postage charges! I find that a bit ridiculous. I don't mind the percentage they take for listing and selling items. That seems fair, but to charge for whatever postage you list, which you don't make a profit off of and just goes directly to the post office...does anyone else find that a bit irritating?
    I think this is in response to people taking advantage of the system. They would sell an item for $1 and charge $15 for shipping.
    Bork Bork, Hork Hork!!

I hadn't noticed that - I do know they've been putting on a lot of incentives to have people give free shipping & just charge more for the item (higher reserves or starting bids)

haha yes, i got bit by one of those. I bought a small table easel for about 1 dollar. the shipping was 20 dollars. Only took one experience like that to make me VERY careful.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi