Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up I love it!!!!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I love ink! I haven't gotten any biking tats...yet! At an organized ride I was behind a guy (for a while, then I had to pass ) who had a panther on his calf, it was so cool! I decided then and there that when I get another one, that would be the place!

Top tat Bikerhen!
    Occasionally I think about getting one myself but just can't make up my mind so guess I should hold off till I find something I totally love.

Irulan - amazing tatoo on your friends back. Think I recognise it from a piece of art from the 1920's- 30's used to advertise Celest Bikes. Beautifully done!

Ot - Mm

I was Just thinking about you......hadn't seen you post in awhile (or missed it while I was out of the country) and was hoping everything was going ok!

Good to see you again.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Thread hijack - sorry!

Hi CorsairMac - hope you're well.

Haven't been riding since June when I slipped/ruptured a disc in my back. Gradually got more and more dishearted with cycling since I've missed a whole summer. Back is on the mend now - even done a short ride on my mtb on the road and starting to look forward now.

Dipped out of TE for a while there but on my way back...

Sorry about the thread hijack .... back to Bikerhen's cool body art...

That has got to be one of the coolest tats I've seen. I _love_ chickens! If you don't mind me asking, how much does something like that cost? The only place I would consider getting a tattoo would be the top of my foot, which I've heard is very painful, but very cool looking. Have you ever seen the Bruce Dern movie "Tattoo?" It's weird but good. Pretty dated, now. Anyway, love the hen!

Nanci

bikerhen inspired me to follow my "middle age crisis" urge and get a tattoo. i wanted to relive my days as a 1980s punker girl (haha---back when i had a rattail fashioned into the back of my spiked short hairdo, multiple piercings in one ear lobe, and wore only black). i ended up getting a stickfigure-like tattoo of a Specialized Ruby on the outside of my left calf, just above my ankle bone. i wanted something smaller, so i had to compromise a bit on design. originally, i had wanted something more intricate---a bike with an angel behind it---but the tattoo artist told me that we'd have to make it bigger than i wanted. Nanci, I imagine getting one on your foot would hurt pretty bad. mine hurt like hell, but like a girl in trouble, it was a temporary thing feels kind of like someone scratching you hard with a needle. it hurt only a little bit afterward (like a sunburn) and now, just hurts when i touch it. looks cool---is an original---and wearing black hose or tights will hide it when i have an "important" meeting at work!

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Way to go!

Hey Mickchick, Nothing like a tattoo to help thoses mid life urges. When I was growing up in the 60's ( ) I want to be a hippie so bad, but was just a little to young. I'm making up for it all these years later by investing in old VW vans and now tattoos Be sure and post a picture when you're all healed up. It's sounds cool!

Nanci, My tat cost about $100. I don't know if that's good or bad. But it seemed reasonable to me. Another thing to think about tattooing the top of your foot . . . beside the pain, someone told me a friend of theirs had one on her foot and wearing shoes had worn some of the ink off.

I'm glad I don't have to hide bikerhen when I'm at work. One of the benefits of working in a retail type job. I'm finding the older I get, the less I care about what others say or think. I'm working toward becoming ecentric, but since I'm not filthy rich, I guess I have to settle for crazy old biker lady, which works fine too! BikerHen

Quote Originally Posted by bikerHen
    I'm working toward becoming ecentric, but since I'm not filthy rich, I guess I have to settle for crazy old biker lady, which works fine too! BikerHen
    LOL - crazy old biker lady - I love it.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Quote Originally Posted by bikerHen
    Hey Mickchick, Nothing like a tattoo to help thoses mid life urges. When I was growing up in the 60's ( ) I want to be a hippie so bad, but was just a little to young. I'm making up for it all these years later by investing in old VW vans and now tattoos Be sure and post a picture when you're all healed up. It's sounds cool!

Nanci, My tat cost about $100. I don't know if that's good or bad. But it seemed reasonable to me. Another thing to think about tattooing the top of your foot . . . beside the pain, someone told me a friend of theirs had one on her foot and wearing shoes had worn some of the ink off.

I'm glad I don't have to hide bikerhen when I'm at work. One of the benefits of working in a retail type job. I'm finding the older I get, the less I care about what others say or think. I'm working toward becoming ecentric, but since I'm not filthy rich, I guess I have to settle for crazy old biker lady, which works fine too! BikerHen
    BikerHen---You got a great deal! My tat is much more simple and it cost $120. Of course, everything here in the DC metro area seems to cost more.
    I, too, am a member of the "who cares what others think and say" camp. There's always someone who won't like you, for whatever reason. As long as I treat other people with respect and kindness, I figure that I'm doing OK.
    By the way, it's never too late to be a Hippie!!!

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

ROFL - thought ya'll would appreciate this:

I got my first tattoo when I was about 36. The first thing my dad said when he saw it was: "Do you know that's permament?" *shaking head*

as for having a tattoo on the top of your foot? it is very painful as there isn't any body fat there to help absorb the shock of the vibration. As for the shoes wearing the ink off? Since the ink is actually inbedded in the skin - it's pretty hard to wear the ink off unless she's abrading her skin. She should be able to go back to the place that did it tho and get it touched back up.

and now I gotta stop reading this coz I've been wanting another one for awhile and ya'll are making me want it that much more!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

I'm reliving my early twenties. I got a tattoo back then and had it put on my hip so my mom (ER nurse listing all maladies you can get) wouldn't see it. In fact she never saw it till I had my C-section 15 years later and was changing my bandages! Back then we had to drive to Rhode Island and find these little back street shops, it was illegal in Massachusetts then. My cousin went first and passed out in the guys lap. Not inspiring for me. We both got through it. A bike one would be cool to celebrate my midlife angst.