Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ride For Nature (Door Co., WI) -- anyone else riding?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hubby and I are registered for the century. I grew up on the Door peninsula, so I'm looking forward to touring my old stomping grounds from the saddle of my bike.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

It looks very nice -- still have to find it on the map, but it is the same day as the Horribly Hilly Hundreds. Wish it was on Sunday 19, instead of Saturday, to spend one more night in Wisconsin and make it an entire weekend of riding. Bummer!

Sunday is Father's Day, so I'm guessing that's why. That is a bummer, though...that would make for a really fun weekend!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

And here I was wondering... shame on me. I looked it up in the map. Would really love to do that ride. I've never been in northern Wisconsin.

It looks like it's going to be a great ride. I've watched their promotional videos and I am familiar with every road the route follows (some truly beautiful backroads with light traffic). I just hope the weather is nice. What a cold, wet, dreary Spring we've all had in the upper Midwest!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

I wish we could do that ride but we just used up vacation time in the Central Lakes Region of Minnesota. We vacationed up in Door County once and a few years ago and loved it. I assume it's an annual ride - ? Might be a good vacation idea for next year. Hope you have fun. Be sure to report back how it goes.

Door County is really beautiful and fun .I wish I could do that one.

Not all who wander are lost

Quote Originally Posted by Deborajen View Post
    I wish we could do that ride but we just used up vacation time in the Central Lakes Region of Minnesota. We vacationed up in Door County once and a few years ago and loved it. I assume it's an annual ride - ? Might be a good vacation idea for next year. Hope you have fun. Be sure to report back how it goes.
    Yup, I think they've been doing it for a few years. I will definitely post a review after the fact.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

When is the ride? We are vacationing up there this August with 30+ other cycling friends. We ride the whole peninsula for a week. I love it.

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

The ride is on the 18th--the day before Father's Day. Nice, since we get to do the ride and see my dad.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

How nice, Kirsten! Enjoy yourselves.

Jamis Coda Femme

It was awesome! I'll post a more thorough report once I'm at ny 'puter (sucks from my phone).
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

2nd century ever - 1mph+ faster than first one almost a year ago. Didn't hurt that it was about 15-20º cooler (and my current bike weighs 3# less than my previous bike). Absolutely gorgeous day. Light headwinds at the end were rough. Finished really strong (after feeling a little rough from about 70-95 miles...we were pushing to finish before the close of the pos-ride party, which had been advertised as 3pm, but it turns out it went until well after that) and we rode the last 13 miles with a nice woman from Oshkosh, where I went to college for a year before moving to MI. She has been riding about as long as I have.

Gorgeous course, especially the first 2/3 (when I was conscious enough to enjoy the scenery--smart planning!). Some roads felt paved by angels. We were able to ride for miles without seeing cars. Sure beats our MI roads. Even the "worst" roads were not half bad compared to a lot of the chip-seal garbage I ride on a regular basis.

Wonderful post-ride pasta meal with BIG cups of Fat Tire beer. Totally worth the $40 entry fee...ample food and drink at all 5 stops. Ran into my dad's cousin, wife, and daughters at the lunch break (they were doing the 25 mile ride). It was a really fun surprise. I remembered that they biked a bit, but had no idea they were riding...they had no idea I was even in the area. I haven't seen them in probably 20 years.

Really hope we can do this again, next year!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Glad you had a good time. Glad the weather cooperated, too. Door County is so pleasant. I'd just love to go up there and ride again. Thanks for sharing - and congrats on the faster finish!

Sounds like a great ride. I'm so glad you had a good time. We will be up there in August and I can't wait.

Jamis Coda Femme