Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by jessmarimba View Post
    Not related to jeans. On those lines, I am a Gap fan as well (now). Anything higher cut is uncomfortable for me.

But...I am content to live my life with VPL. Unless I wore a thong every day, which I am NOT interested in doing, there's no hiding it on me. Even my favorite running shorts are starting to give me liner wedgies because my butt apparently matches no possible shape that anyone wants to make clothes for.

*sigh*
    My butt seems to fall out the bottom of most underwear. I've had good luck with Isis briefs and Patagonia "Active Briefs."
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Irulan View Post
    I know,it smacks of "mom jeans" doesn't it?
    That's what's kept me away from them. I don't have kids, and don't want to point out that I'm old enough to have a daughter of an age to be swapping jeans with!

Heh, I tried on a bazzillion pair of NYDJs and they fit like crap.

They aren't dressy but for good ol' plain vanilla jeans, I go with Cabelas. They aren't made in the USA but if they don't fit I wouldn't buy anyway.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by grey View Post
    That's what's kept me away from them. I don't have kids, and don't want to point out that I'm old enough to have a daughter of an age to be swapping jeans with!
    If you don't tell anyone what brand they are, no-one will know.

There's nothing on the jeans that points out you're old enough to have a daughter of an age to be swapping jeans with. No outside labels.

They could be called "You're Old, Your A$$ is Sagging, And Your Thighs Rub" and I'd still buy them.

They look good, I look good, and anyone looking inside my jeans and seeing the letters "NYDJ" has probably seen a lot more already...
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 05-27-2011 at 01:15 PM.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    They could be called "You're Old, Your A$$ is Sagging, And Your Thighs Rub" and I'd still buy them.

Good one!

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

But...I am content to live my life with VPL. Unless I wore a thong every day, which I am NOT interested in doing, there's no hiding it on me. Even my favorite running shorts are starting to give me liner wedgies because my butt apparently matches no possible shape that anyone wants to make clothes for.

*sigh*
    Soma Vanishing Edge microfiber undies. They don't even show under yoga pants.

Sorry for the slight hijack -

The issue with the undies seems (for me) to be that if they aren't tight enough around the legs to show a dent through my pants, then they will slide up and give me a wedgie. I have some that are seamless, edgeless, etc, but I make the daily choice of wedgie or vpl. I can accept it It's the curse of the bubble butt.

Thanks for the suggestions though I like buying underwear, for some reason. Probably b/c I don't have to spend hours in fitting rooms trying it on. (GRR jeans)

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Sorry for the slight hijack -

The issue with the undies seems (for me) to be that if they aren't tight enough around the legs to show a dent through my pants, then they will slide up and give me a wedgie. I have some that are seamless, edgeless, etc, but I make the daily choice of wedgie or vpl. I can accept it It's the curse of the bubble butt.

Thanks for the suggestions though I like buying underwear, for some reason. Probably b/c I don't have to spend hours in fitting rooms trying it on. (GRR jeans)
    My problem and predilection exactly. UnderArmour compression shorts act as fine undies, too. They don't go anywhere, and they don't show any VPL.

Me three- I think it's a cyclist thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Yes, it does.
    I guess I am going to be one of those older women who people look at and say "she is too old for that." As long as my crack doesn't show and there is no vpl or muffin top, then I am keeping my low rise jeans.
    But, since I am thinner than most 25 year olds, I don't care right now.
    You are magnificent!!! Well said, Crankin.

I'm still searching for jeans that fit me (my waist is 24 inches, so with vanity sizing, I'm forced to buy size 0 petite---and I'm almost 5'6". Most jeans in that size are cut for toothpick, not muscular, legs).
    Last edited by Selkie; 05-27-2011 at 11:36 PM.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    Soma Vanishing Edge microfiber undies. They don't even show under yoga pants.
    Where do you get them?
    Do they hold up well in the washing machine?

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    Where do you get them?
    Do they hold up well in the washing machine?
    Online. They have some stores/boutiques, but the nearest one is over an hour from me. Instead, I wait for a good sale, coupon-stack, and get them for the same price as Hanes, etc.

So far, so good. I don't put the Vanishing Edge ones in the dryer because of the silicone strips that keep the rear in place. The ordinary cotton ones get machine washed and dried and are holding up great.

Quote Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
    I'm still searching for jeans that fit me (my waist is 24 inches, so with vanity sizing, I'm forced to buy size 0 petite---and I'm almost 5'6". Most jeans in that size are cut for toothpick, not muscular, legs).
    Aren't petites too short for you? I am 5'2" and wear pants with a 29" inseam, which seems to be what most petites are these days. Some are 30", though; maybe you are longer in the torso and shorter-waisted? Traditionally petites are made for women < 5'4".
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I cannot wear anything but thongs with any of my pants, and not just because they are low rise. I wear tighter pants than previous years and I don't want anyone seeing lines of anything. I hate underwear in general, so the less, the better. I buy Le Mystere at a real lingerie store, as well as Hanky Panky, which come in different styles. I've tried the microfibre ones, and they show, too. They ride up my cycling thighs. Same as boy shorts and end up giving me a wedgy, in addition to showing. I don't see the big deal about thongs. I want as little underwear as possible.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    Aren't petites too short for you? I am 5'2" and wear pants with a 29" inseam, which seems to be what most petites are these days. Some are 30", though; maybe you are longer in the torso and shorter-waisted? Traditionally petites are made for women < 5'4".
    Yes, they are too short. I refuse to wear heels, and usually wear my Vibrams or moccasins w/jeans. I never understood that high heels w/jeans look, but that's just anti-heels me.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly