Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Zoo De Mackinac Ride Report

To disable ads, please log-in.

DH and I completed the 22nd annual Zoo De Mackinac ride this past Saturday. 51 miles from boyne Highlands ski area to Mackinac Island. It was a great weekend. We took Friday off and drove up Thurs. night in the RV so, no need for a shuttle since, we towed my car. The weather was great all weekend and it only rained Saturday night.

I ended up taking my Trek 520 to the event because of the lower gearing and the weather people said it may rain all weekend, (my new Bianchi has a compact double) and I wanted to test out the new Brooks saddle I got from Roadtrip (thanks) The saddle was comfy from the start and I could not be happier. I di have some soreness on the sitbone area but, i think because of lack of riding and not due to poor saddle fit.

I could not believe how many people were at the ride. I heard it was well over 3500. We basically took over the road It was so cool, seeing miles of cyclists, in both directions. There were a few accidents and I saw some chains fall off but, all in all it was a great ride.

The Tunnel of trees was worth the trip IMO. Amazingly beautiful and the forests were full of blooming white Trilliums. I wish I would have gotten more pictures.

The last 5 miles were the hardest for me but, I was proud of myself that I didn't walk up a single hill It was mostly rolling hills with a doozie or two thown in there.

We stopped in town right after the ride for a cold celabratory beer (my first organized ride and first event jersey ever!!!) that was the best tasting beer ever..... it's what got me through those last few miles

Tunnel of Trees

Finish Line in Mackinaw City

Picking up the car at Boyne Highlands ski area w/ our RV
    2012 Trek Lexa SL
    2012 Giant TCX2
    2015 Trek Remedy 7
    2016 Trek Lexa C
    2016 Specialized Hellga-Fat Bike

That sounds like a great day. Sounds hilly!
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.