Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac
    You could also just buy flavoinoids (sp) supplements and get the same benefit.
    Uh, no.

snap "in search of the perfect buzz" dragen

Oh - and Irulan, I just about spit my water all over my laptop with your answer!

Alcohol affects women the same as the other kind of humans but because of our (generally) different body-weight and fat ratio it tends to affect us more -faster and furious-er. Which in moderation is not a bad thing . Just about every one of the zillion studies done on this says that people who have a few drinks live longer and everything else you can think of than teetotallers (can't even spell it and I was a champion at school - probl'y the word was never taught in New Zealand schools for ideological reasons ! ! )

Come on all you other Kiwi's and Aussies - send in some statistics. Or at least some good stories! Our poor worried be-nighted sisters need balanced information!

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!

Erm, I'm not sure the stories I have about the effects of excess alcohol on my person are necessarily fit for public consumption.
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

Apparently, the idea that women cannot tolerate as much alcohol (ok acutely, that can be measured - I mean chronically) has to do with the fact that women often understate the amount they really drink when doctors ask...

I like my glass of wine or beer with dinner, not every night, and boy am I sensitive to anything headachy.
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by tlkiwi
    Erm, I'm not sure the stories I have about the effects of excess alcohol on my person are necessarily fit for public consumption.
    Yeah you're probably right - I didn't think about that when I asked for Australasian input. Things do get pretty disgusting Down Under and the rest of the world might not understand our Anthropological Reality...
    And after all these hints of ours they will *really* be wondering now!!

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!

Anthropological Reality? I like it. And let's just say, it often involves tree climbing...
    Last edited by DirtDiva; 11-04-2005 at 08:07 AM.
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

OF course it affects us differently. I think smoking does the same thing ... only in a longer period of time. But that's for another thread ...