Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi Silver! I obviously haven't been around long enough to get to know you, but I remember you offering to hem jerseys for someone. (Was it Selkie? Funny, the things you remember...) Welcome back!
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

i'm glad you decided to post again. the past is past, celebrate the future!
    like salsabike i lost one cat and got 2 kitties, i also broke my thumb and have almost healed. unlike her, i have GAINED 30 POUNDS!! life goes on, we do what we can . . .
    laurie

Brand New Orbea Diva | Pink | Specialized Ruby
    2005 Trek Madone Road | Pink | Ruby
    1998 Trek 5200 Road | Blue | Specialized Jett
    ???? Litespeed Catalyst Road | Silver | Terry Firefly

welcome back!

Lessee .... I moved to Edmonton for a couple of years and now am trying to move back to Seattle. Having trouble making it stick but here's hoping.

Did 2 metric centuries for a weekend fundraiser last year but otherwise I found Edmonton to be terrifying for road bikes, so I am now trying to shed some weight!
    2014 Bobbin Bramble / Brooks B67
    2008 Rodriguez Rainier Mirage / Terry Butterfly Tri Gel
    2007 Dahon Speed Pro TT / Biologic Velvet
    1998? GT Rebound / Serfas Gel

These telegraphic updates are a hoot, you guys. Keep 'em coming!
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

m'kay ...

I did half of the Death Ride last summer (I quit while it was still sort of fun).

I won second place in the Aquaphor Map My Ride Le Tour challenge last year, so last fall DH and I went on a dee-luxe Trek Travel wine country tour. It was awesome.

A few weeks before that wine country tour, I lost my job, which at the time was pretty traumatic. I was ready to dump my profession in the trash barrel and find something else to do (heh, I was brushing up on my "would you like fries with that?"), but right before Christmas I had lunch with a couple of co-workers from a job many moons ago, and they both offered me contract work at their new workplaces. So now I'm an independent contractor, and I enjoy it immensely. Living well really is the best revenge.

I haven't been riding very much this year, but I'm starting to get back into it.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

I decided I'm going to retire in April of 2012 That's less than 11 months from now.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    I decided I'm going to retire in April of 2012 That's less than 11 months from now.
    That. is. awesome!!!!

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    Yay!! Congratulations

And welcome back Silver - please stay - we've missed you!!
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Yay nice to see you!

So what did this jewelry look like? I just learned something as I didn't know you made jewelry. My bgf does some beading of stuff. She rips apart alot of old stuff, and remakes it anew. Just curious what you made.

I know not being able to cycle and train so much for you is a frustrating adjustment I'm sure. I have that from my century crash. Never been the same to ride. And teaching alot spin at the gyms. Hard to ever get recovered to work out for me. However, Silver, remember you and I both are still "fitter" than the average American by a long shot! I've tried to tell myself to be greatful for what I can do, and lessen my focus on what I can't.

Fwiw, I think you are doing great. Your life changes are huge. When one door closes, another one opens. It sounds easy, but somehow things have a way of working themselves out. You are a strong lady, all will settle well.

(((hugs)))
    Miranda

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by silver View Post
    I have missed this place so much. I miss the cycle talk here.
    It is so nice to hear from you again and I'm glad you are no longer a stranger.

I was thinking about you the other day when I reached for a jersey that had that pesky elastic around the waist. I remember how you were so kind to offer your time to mend a few of the TE'ers jerseys and you often coached us on how to remove the seams so that we could finally rid our jerseys of the unwanted elastic. You were so very supportive of those who were fallen or injured and you would craft a beautiful pendant and send it to them in a care package.

Have you thought of how much your ministry has touched the lives of many?

You took a terrible fall which resulted in life threatening injuries and when you were able to, you returned to your bike and you continued to train competitively. When you raced, you finished in the top of your division. Your steadfastness is remarkable and your recovery is motivating for those of us who face set backs due to injuries.

Silver, you are a caring, compassionate person who, along with Mr. Bloom, have instilled wonderful Christian qualities and values for your children.

I applaud you for your courage to rejoin TE and I hope you feel welcome here and continue to be a part of the discussions. I appreciate that Mr. Bloom has graciously extended his welcome as well.

My best to you as you continue on this fascinating journey in life.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Sundial, that was the most gracious post I have ever read. I agree with every word! Thank you!

(welcome back Silver. Please accept my sentiments through Sundial's post)

Past year?

Hardly rode the road bike, haven't done anything longer than a metric. Found the dirty side, started racing mountain bikes which is so much fun, joined the shop's race team, had a car wreck that totaled my bike and got a new fabulous race bike. Decided I will start nursing school in the fall.

So glad you're back and hopefully once you get in the groove you can get back to all your passions. New starts are hard no matter what they are born from.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Welcome back, Silver. I've been away myself and just happened to check in and see this post. I really do miss TE and all of the conversations here.

My hubby was diagnosed with multiply myeloma (cancer of the blood plasma) and I don't have much time to ride anymore. Life can change in an instant when you least expect it.

‎"Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand - and melting like a snowflake." Marie Beyon Ra
    "Chisel praise in stone; write criticism in sand."

Quote Originally Posted by sandra View Post
    My hubby was diagnosed with multiply myeloma (cancer of the blood plasma) and I don't have much time to ride anymore. Life can change in an instant when you least expect it.
    I'm so sorry to hear this, sandra. I've missed you here on TE too! Not to hijack silver's thread, but just wanted to say that.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear this, sandra. I've missed you here on TE too! Not to hijack silver's thread, but just wanted to say that.
    +1. Best wishes to you and your hubby.