Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile new line of hip women's cycling gear

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi Ladies, I am an avid cyclist but have always worn guys jersey's because the women's are sooo drab, I am also an artist and an entrepreneur, I decided to put the three together and have started my own line of women's cycling clothing, it is going to be colorful with fab designs, I am really exited to be able to share with you what I believe will look great. Please feel free to give me some input. I will keep you posted

didn't you post this yesterday too?
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Smile

I posted about a week ago, but someone appears to have deleted the post, so I re-posted it today. I have posts in other forums so maybe you have seen it somewhere else. Keep checking in for updates

maybe check with admin before advertising your goods?
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Quote Originally Posted by von301ne View Post
    I posted about a week ago, but someone appears to have deleted the post, so I re-posted it today. I have posts in other forums so maybe you have seen it somewhere else. Keep checking in for updates
    As far as I know, the only person who has the power to delete a thread is an administrator/moderator. I see that you've had identical threads deleted on RBR's forum. They have a similar set-up. So, if your threads are getting deleted then somebody has presumably determined that they violate forum guidelines. I would suggest consulting those guidelines before reposting this and/or contacting an administrator to explain why your posts are problematic.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    As far as I know, the only person who has the power to delete a thread is an administrator/moderator. I see that you've had identical threads deleted on RBR's forum. They have a similar set-up. So, if your threads are getting deleted then somebody has presumably determined that they violate forum guidelines. I would suggest consulting those guidelines before reposting this and/or contacting an administrator to explain why your posts are problematic.
    I thank you for your input, I am a start up company that is looking for a response from other female cyclists. Most of the forums are allowing my posts to stand, I am not selling anything as yet. When I do then I will probably fall into a different category. I do not wish to violate any forum guidelines. Support in this initial start up phase is greatly appreciated, I will certainly address this glitch.

You may not be aware, too, that Team Estrogen is set up as an online store for women's cycling/running/triathlon gear. I've never seen anyone advertise new product for sale on here that wasn't associated with the TE store. See that "Click to Shop" button at the top there in the banner?

Used stuff, yes, like a classified ad thing among friends, but not new. I'd love to see what you're offering, but you really should clear it through Susan first.

Good luck with your new company.

Roxy
    Getting in touch with my inner try-athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by von301ne View Post
    I thank you for your input, I am a start up company that is looking for a response from other female cyclists. Most of the forums are allowing my posts to stand, I am not selling anything as yet. When I do then I will probably fall into a different category. I do not wish to violate any forum guidelines. Support in this initial start up phase is greatly appreciated, I will certainly address this glitch.
    Not all forums are sponsored and run by a retail establishment, which may explain why you've run into problems with some forums and not with others.

I will let TE speak for itself, but I would nevertheless urge you to give some thought to how your threads might look to a retailer. TE sells products made by other manufacturers. It might be problematic if a potential or future competitor turns around and uses the TE forum to essentially do market research...for free. While TE's owners may be all for more choices in the marketplace, that doesn't mean that they're here to support you in that way.

That's at least the problem I foresee. I may be completely off base--and I certainly don't speak for TE. But I would take it more seriously than "a glitch."

There are plenty of olds threads on TE where we have expressed opinons about what like and don't like in terms of jerseys. You can find them using the search function. Perhaps that is a better way for you to get the input you're after.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I'm not sure what response you're looking for - all you say is that current designs are drab and you're doing something better.

The retailer that supports this forum has done wonders for cycling clothing (or, at the very least, for gathering good stuff together - but they have had some pretty spectacular jersey designs of their own). I don't consider the current market to be drab.

I hope you'll offer some new designs, and if they're sold through a retailer I like, I'll consider them. If you have more specific questions regarding what people do and don't like, I'd echo what others have here have said - you should look to past threads. You should also communicate with the administrators of this site, who so graciously provide it as a web forum to encourage female cyclists.

Blueberry (who doesn't speak for Team Estrogen at all, but takes offense at criticism of a free service they prove and I enjoy).

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by channlluv View Post
    You may not be aware, too, that Team Estrogen is set up as an online store for women's cycling/running/triathlon gear. I've never seen anyone advertise new product for sale on here that wasn't associated with the TE store. See that "Click to Shop" button at the top there in the banner?

Used stuff, yes, like a classified ad thing among friends, but not new. I'd love to see what you're offering, but you really should clear it through Susan first.

Good luck with your new company.

Roxy
    Thanks for the advise, I will do that

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    I'm not sure what response you're looking for - all you say is that current designs are drab and you're doing something better.

The retailer that supports this forum has done wonders for cycling clothing (or, at the very least, for gathering good stuff together - but they have had some pretty spectacular jersey designs of their own). I don't consider the current market to be drab.

I hope you'll offer some new designs, and if they're sold through a retailer I like, I'll consider them. If you have more specific questions regarding what people do and don't like, I'd echo what others have here have said - you should look to past threads. You should also communicate with the administrators of this site, who so graciously provide it as a web forum to encourage female cyclists.

Blueberry (who doesn't speak for Team Estrogen at all, but takes offense at criticism of a free service they prove and I enjoy).

I appreciate your response. We all have our own preferences with respects to any type of clothing, I am glad that you have found the styles and designs you prefer to wear when cycling. I always found the men's jersey's to be more along they style I was looking for. I am an artist /entrepreneur and love to create, I thought I would just have Jersey's made for myself, but then it is a possibility that other female cyclist might like them as well, so why not share. I am all in favor of TE and do infact have some of their Jersey's. The last thing I wish to do is offend any other established brand. Communicating with other cyclist, just like you is a great way for me to understand what you are all looking for, you have given me some great advise. Thank you.
    Last edited by von301ne; 05-19-2011 at 10:46 AM.

So I'm curious - what about the style of men's jerseys have you found better than women's jerseys? That might help us understand what you're trying to change.

I find I can't wear men's jerseys (the chest is too small). I also like the bright colors that tend to be offered in women's styles (bring on the leopard print) - if it's outrageous - motorists see me!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    So I'm curious - what about the style of men's jerseys have you found better than women's jerseys? That might help us understand what you're trying to change.

I find I can't wear men's jerseys (the chest is too small). I also like the bright colors that tend to be offered in women's styles (bring on the leopard print) - if it's outrageous - motorists see me!
    Personally I prefer the guys Jersey's, I tend to be larger up top but find the fit is good for me. I like the designs and colors, there appears to be much more to chose from as well. I would like bright vibrant colors and hip imaginative designs. Again its all about personal choice. Thanks for the question

cycling gear and market research

Hi von301ne,

Welcome to the TE forums! As one of the other forum members mentioned, we (TeamEstrogen.com) are a retailer and as such, we source cycling apparel from a wide variety of manufacturers / brands.

We sell products from more than 90 brands, and have enjoyed being part of the dramatic expansion in women's cycling apparel that has occurred over the past 10+ years. When we first started TE there were only a handful of companies serving female cyclists. Now every major brand has a women's line and there are a number of women's-specific brands (Shebeest, Terry, Sheila Moon, Luna).

We are all for seeing fresh new designs and new designers / manufacturers enter the marketplace.

However, we do not allow commercial posts on the TE forums. We encourage the brands / manufacturers we work with to READ the TE forums, LISTEN to what forum members are saying and incorporate that information into their design processes. But, we draw the line there.

The TE forums is a community, not a market research group to be mined by manufacturers. You are welcome to participate in and contribute to the forums as a cyclist and fellow member of the community, but we discourage / disallow active "question posing", surveys, etc for market research purposes.

Good luck in your new venture!
    Jeff Mendenhall
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post
    Hi von301ne,

Welcome to the TE forums! As one of the other forum members mentioned, we (TeamEstrogen.com) are a retailer and as such, we source cycling apparel from a wide variety of manufacturers / brands.

We sell products from more than 90 brands, and have enjoyed being part of the dramatic expansion in women's cycling apparel that has occurred over the past 10+ years. When we first started TE there were only a handful of companies serving female cyclists. Now every major brand has a women's line and there are a number of women's-specific brands (Shebeest, Terry, Sheila Moon, Luna).

We are all for seeing fresh new designs and new designers / manufacturers enter the marketplace.

However, we do not allow commercial posts on the TE forums. We encourage the brands / manufacturers we work with to READ the TE forums, LISTEN to what forum members are saying and incorporate that information into their design processes. But, we draw the line there.

The TE forums is a community, not a market research group to be mined by manufacturers. You are welcome to participate in and contribute to the forums as a cyclist and fellow member of the community, but we discourage / disallow active "question posing", surveys, etc for market research purposes.

Good luck in your new venture!
    I thank you for your prompt response. I apologize for for stepping out of line, I was not aware of your company policies. I will move forward with you suggestions, and I am happy to be part of the TE community