Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Results 1 to 15 of 20

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    7

    Smile new line of hip women's cycling gear

    Hi Ladies, I am an avid cyclist but have always worn guys jersey's because the women's are sooo drab, I am also an artist and an entrepreneur, I decided to put the three together and have started my own line of women's cycling clothing, it is going to be colorful with fab designs, I am really exited to be able to share with you what I believe will look great. Please feel free to give me some input. I will keep you posted

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Beautiful NW or Left Coast
    Posts
    5,619
    didn't you post this yesterday too?
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

    Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    7

    Smile

    I posted about a week ago, but someone appears to have deleted the post, so I re-posted it today. I have posts in other forums so maybe you have seen it somewhere else. Keep checking in for updates

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    the dry side
    Posts
    4,367
    maybe check with admin before advertising your goods?
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    6,043
    Quote Originally Posted by von301ne View Post
    I posted about a week ago, but someone appears to have deleted the post, so I re-posted it today. I have posts in other forums so maybe you have seen it somewhere else. Keep checking in for updates
    As far as I know, the only person who has the power to delete a thread is an administrator/moderator. I see that you've had identical threads deleted on RBR's forum. They have a similar set-up. So, if your threads are getting deleted then somebody has presumably determined that they violate forum guidelines. I would suggest consulting those guidelines before reposting this and/or contacting an administrator to explain why your posts are problematic.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

    --Mary Anne Radmacher

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    7

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    As far as I know, the only person who has the power to delete a thread is an administrator/moderator. I see that you've had identical threads deleted on RBR's forum. They have a similar set-up. So, if your threads are getting deleted then somebody has presumably determined that they violate forum guidelines. I would suggest consulting those guidelines before reposting this and/or contacting an administrator to explain why your posts are problematic.
    I thank you for your input, I am a start up company that is looking for a response from other female cyclists. Most of the forums are allowing my posts to stand, I am not selling anything as yet. When I do then I will probably fall into a different category. I do not wish to violate any forum guidelines. Support in this initial start up phase is greatly appreciated, I will certainly address this glitch.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,316
    You may not be aware, too, that Team Estrogen is set up as an online store for women's cycling/running/triathlon gear. I've never seen anyone advertise new product for sale on here that wasn't associated with the TE store. See that "Click to Shop" button at the top there in the banner?

    Used stuff, yes, like a classified ad thing among friends, but not new. I'd love to see what you're offering, but you really should clear it through Susan first.

    Good luck with your new company.

    Roxy
    Getting in touch with my inner try-athlete.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    6,043
    Quote Originally Posted by von301ne View Post
    I thank you for your input, I am a start up company that is looking for a response from other female cyclists. Most of the forums are allowing my posts to stand, I am not selling anything as yet. When I do then I will probably fall into a different category. I do not wish to violate any forum guidelines. Support in this initial start up phase is greatly appreciated, I will certainly address this glitch.
    Not all forums are sponsored and run by a retail establishment, which may explain why you've run into problems with some forums and not with others.

    I will let TE speak for itself, but I would nevertheless urge you to give some thought to how your threads might look to a retailer. TE sells products made by other manufacturers. It might be problematic if a potential or future competitor turns around and uses the TE forum to essentially do market research...for free. While TE's owners may be all for more choices in the marketplace, that doesn't mean that they're here to support you in that way.

    That's at least the problem I foresee. I may be completely off base--and I certainly don't speak for TE. But I would take it more seriously than "a glitch."

    There are plenty of olds threads on TE where we have expressed opinons about what like and don't like in terms of jerseys. You can find them using the search function. Perhaps that is a better way for you to get the input you're after.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

    --Mary Anne Radmacher

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,516
    I'm not sure what response you're looking for - all you say is that current designs are drab and you're doing something better.

    The retailer that supports this forum has done wonders for cycling clothing (or, at the very least, for gathering good stuff together - but they have had some pretty spectacular jersey designs of their own). I don't consider the current market to be drab.

    I hope you'll offer some new designs, and if they're sold through a retailer I like, I'll consider them. If you have more specific questions regarding what people do and don't like, I'd echo what others have here have said - you should look to past threads. You should also communicate with the administrators of this site, who so graciously provide it as a web forum to encourage female cyclists.

    Blueberry (who doesn't speak for Team Estrogen at all, but takes offense at criticism of a free service they prove and I enjoy).

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •